Friday, January 24, 2014

Recipe Of The Week - Carrot, Apple & Ginger Juice



I have two juicers, and I have juiced in the past, but it never really stuck for me.  I guess I really never liked anything I tried long enough to stick with it.  A few weeks ago, my husband found a recipe, so we tried it.  It only had a few ingredients, so I thought it would be quick and easy.  I like to make mine in the morning or early afternoon.  It tastes really good, and I like knowing that I am putting good things in my body.  It is a chore for me to eat fruit.  I am much more likely to eat veggies.

Ingredients:

- 1 apple
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- ginger



I juice the apples and carrots, and pour the juice over ice.  Then, I add the coconut milk, and grate some ginger on the top.  You can juice a small piece of ginger if you like.  I have done it both ways, but I prefer to grate it on top instead.  I love the taste of ginger, and it does have a stronger taste when grated.  I recently made this juice after a work out and added my vanilla protein powder to it.  I used more ice than usual and blended it.  It was really good as well.  So, if you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast or snack, give it a try!  It will be a healthy addition to your diet.  If you have a juice that you enjoy, please feel free to leave the recipe in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment