Monday, October 6, 2014

Review - Urban Decay Naked Basics 2!


I recently made this purchase, and have used it pretty much everyday that I have worn makeup.  I bought mine at Ulta.  It retails for $29, but if you have the monthly Ulta coupon for $3.50 off, it's an even better value!


The packaging is small and sleek, which makes it easy for travel or to throw in your bag.  It easily fits in the palm of my hand.  It does come with a convenient full size mirror as well.  



Color swatches from top to bottom - skimp, stark, frisk, cover (my favorite), primal, and undone.

There are 6 new shades, ranging from a light skin tone color to a darker charcoal gray.  All are completely matte, except for the first color.  It has a slight sheen, like a satin finish, which works great in the inner corner or as a brow highlight.  These shadows have the same quality that you have come to know from Urban Decay.  The colors are very buttery, soft, and easy to blend.  They may have a slight fall out, if you don't tap your brush, but that too is typical of an UD shadow.  This palette lends itself toward more cool neutral shades, which is why I purchased this palette and not the first naked basics.  I have few cool shades in my collection and a lot of warm.  This palette has given me everything I need for a cooler toned look.  It is great on it's own or to enhance a more cool toned shimmery eye look.  

Here are a few looks that I have recently worn....


For this look, I added a black gel liner to the top and used shadow as liner for the bottom lashes.



For this look I used all shadows, no liner. 

My overall thoughts on this palette is that it has exceptional quality, is a great value, and is perfect for anyone looking to add some cool toned neutrals to their collection.  It is a palette that easily lends itself to daytime and evening looks, that is also great for travel.  I am very happy with my purchase!

I hope you found this review helpful.  Have a great week!

                                                                                                      -XOXO Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment