Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Product Review - Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Stick Foundation

I have used this foundation several times, so I have a good idea of it's performance.  I do have oily skin.  It can get very oily, especially in the t zone.  The stick does have a white core.  This is said to be a shine free core, and a gel formula.  It does apply very smoothly, not drying or heavy.  I had heard and read mixed reviews, so I was excited to give it a try.  

I have never had a stick foundation before.  With this type of application, there is no mess, so I appreciate that.  If you use a liquid foundation without a pump, sometimes you can lose quite a bit of product in the application process.  My color matched my skin really well.  I did apply this with my Sigma F80 to blend.  This would also be a great foundation for travel, because of it's stick form.

The Fit Me Shine Free Stick has a medium to full coverage  It can be built up to full.  I used two layers, to achieve full coverage.  It has a satin to matte finish, depending on how oily your skin is.  I do like this foundation.  It did keep me from getting oily.  It gives a natural looking finish.  It didn't get cake or feel heavy on the skin.  Of course, all foundations will perform better over a good primer, which I used because I always use a primer.  This does not claim to be super long wearing or transfer resistant.  By the end of a full day and work out, it did start to break down, but I would say that is quite normal for most foundations that aren't long wearing.   I did set it with a small amount of powder, as I do all my foundations.  

Overall, I think this is a good, inexpensive, everyday foundation for normal to oily skin.  If you have dry skin, it may stick to dry patches, so I would skip this to avoid looking cakey.  It will give you a more natural look.  This is NOT going to be your bulletproof, no smudge, 24 hour wear foundation.  Maybelline offers 12 shades.  It retails for $7 - 9.  You can find this at your local drug or discount store.  If you have any questions, please leave a comment or send me a message.  


2 comments:

  1. I have dry skin, sometimes even flaky so I don't think this would work for me. But my sister has oily skin and for the price I know she would love to try this! Sharing on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robin! I recently did a review on Garnier BB Cream for oily/combo skin, if she is interested in a bb cream. That one has been my favorite that I have tried from the drugstore. It has a light to medium coverage. It's a good everyday makeup.

    ReplyDelete