Friday, December 13, 2013

Before & After - Makeup and Eyebrows

Either I am really brave or really crazy!!  Maybe I am a little of both, but I wanted to show myself with no makeup at all, and a complete makeup look.  Makeup is art, and your face is the canvas.  It's just about perfecting your art, and trying new things.  I love being able to make myself look different, depending on how I feel, my outfit, or occasion.  Don't take it too seriously and just have fun experimenting.  You can always wash it off if you don't like it.  But when a look comes together, and you can walk out into the world feeling more confident and beautiful, what a great feeling!  Your whole presence can change.  People will respond to you differently, and wouldn't it be great if you could help someone else feel more confident about themselves, by sharing some of the tips and techniques that you have learned?  

People don't always think of the big picture.  You think - it's makeup.  Can it really make that much of a difference in the big picture??  It seems so insignificant and irrelevant.  My answer is YES!  Think of it this way.....Say you have a job interview.  You spend the time putting yourself together, hair, makeup, professional outfit, etc.  Because you took the time, you feel better and more confident with your appearance.  Because of that confidence, you walk into that interview self assured, and feeling good about yourself.  You walk differently, carry yourself differently, and make more eye contact.  Your interviewer picks up on that and feels your confidence coming through.  You end up getting a better opportunity, with a bigger salary and benefits, and you are able to provide a better life for yourself and family.  It may seem far fetched, but it is true, and I have seen the transformation that women make when they feel confident and take the time to care for themselves.  


The picture on the left was taken straight out of the shower.  The only thing I have on is Live Love Dew Sheer Dew Face Moisturizer and Live Love Dew Lip Dew.  I always wear these products under my makeup.

I also wanted to talk eyebrows.  Many women neglect them, and I think it's a shame.  They are the frame to your picture.  They make a HUGE difference.  I pluck mine into the shape I want.  I do this once a week, which only takes a few minutes.  I don't have an extensive brow routine.  I use Maybelline Define A Brow to fill them in, and give them a better shape.  Then, I brush Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara through them just to set them.  This keeps them in place the entire day.  If you have thicker, more unruly brows, you may need a heavier brow gel to keep them in place.  

In these pictures, I did my right brow only, just so you could see the difference it makes, side by side. It really finishes the look, and pulls it together.


So, if you don't usually do much with your brows, start grooming and filling in a bit.  I think you will see how much it changes your look.  When filling in, use a pencil that is one shade lighter than your hair color, if you have dark hair, and one shade darker if you have light hair. Use small, short strokes.  Follow the line of your brows.  I like to start at the bottom, where the arch is, and work my way to the tail.  I extend the tail just a little.  I like to have my tail end at the same level that my brow starts.  But that's just me.  That goes with my natural shape.  Everyones is different.  Mine are just more rounded.  It takes a little practice to get your own technique and routine, but once you have one, you'll feel naked without doing it.  
Thanks so much for reading!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend! - XOXO Monique

2 comments:

  1. I have shared this post to Facebook. I have never paid that much attention to my eyebrows because I don't know how. But what a difference they make in how your eyes pop! Since I can afford Maybelline (Hopefully) I will try to get the pencil and gel after payday and give this a try! You are really great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Robin! It makes a huge difference. I hope you like those products. I can't usually find them at Kroger, but I can at all the drugstores.

    ReplyDelete