Friday, August 28, 2015

My August Favorites!

I don't have a lot of favorites this month, because I wasn't able to wear much makeup due to being sick, but when I was able these are the things I kept grabbing for.


-  Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette

I used this palette a lot during the month.  It has most of your daily products all in one, which is super convenient and fast for when you are rushing out the door.  When it comes to taking care of myself, I have a routine for EVERYTHING!  The night before, I always lay out my clothes, jewelry, switch my purse out to match, and choose my makeup and lay it all out on my vanity.  I even lay out shoes, socks, and sunglasses.......everything that I can think of to make my life easier.  With this palette, I set this out and there isn't much else to lay out or choose.  Just lipliner and lipstick.  My everyday face products are kept in my top vanity drawer where I can easily get to them.  This palette can go from a neutral day time look to a smokey evening look.  I recently did a full review.  If you are interested in seeing the palette more in depth, please Click Here!

-  Maybelline's Healthy Skin Foundation

This is my newest foundation purchase.  I have a lot of foundations, and they all really have their own strengths and I love them all for different reasons.  If you are looking for a good, everyday foundation with medium buildable coverage that lasts well through out the day, I really think you would like this.  I have normal to combination skin.  I can get oil in my t-zone, but I find that this gives me a very natural/satin finish.  It isn't matte and it isn't luminous.  It feels lightweight and really looks natural on the skin.  I have worn this with a brush and a damp beauty blender.  I think it looks good either way, but lately I have really been loving it applied with the real techniques beauty sponge.  The one thing I have noticed is that this doesn't really set on me.  I have some foundations that I have to work very quickly with because they set so fast.  This one doesn't feel tacky or anything, but just doesn't seem to fully set like most foundations do.  So, I would make sure you give yourself a good powdering after application to keep it from moving throughout the day.  My favorite face powder is Too Faced Amazing Face Powder.  It does add additional coverage.  Good drugstore options are Revlon Nearly Naked (no added coverage) or Maybelline's Fit Me Powder (minimal added coverage).

-  ELF Blush Palette - Light

For the past year, I have really been loving blushes!  I have a few of ELF's blushes in my collection, but I really wanted to try the palette.  The colors are very pretty and pigmented.  They last all day for me, and you would never believe that they are only $6!  ELF has so many great products, and are priced so well, that you may find it hard to believe that they are of good quality.  It's true though! They also offer this palette in dark.  The blushes can be popped out, so you could make your own custom palette with the light and dark shades.  Included in the palette is also a full size mirror.  With the mirror and four blush combo, I think this is a great travel palette.  If you are having trouble finding this at your local drugstore, you can also purchase online at www.eyeslipsface.com.  They are always running specials and free shipping.  I have ordered from them several times.  They ship very quickly and I have never received a damaged item.


-  ELF Moisturizing Lipstick - Seduction

This is my first lipstick from their moisturizing line.  I wanted to try it, because I am more of a lipstick girl than a lipgloss girl, and I am not a big fan of matte lipsticks or matte lip creams that are so popular now.  I like a lipstick to be moisturizing and have a creme to gloss finish.  This lipstick is just that!  Very comfortable to wear and it doesn't look drying or cakey.  I also really like the color heading into fall.  It is a pink color that also leans towards berry.  I just placed an order for 2 more.  At a DOLLAR a piece, you can't go wrong!!




No comments:

Post a Comment