Sunday, August 30, 2015

DIY - Natural Home Deodorizer

Since I have psoriasis, eczema, and severe allergies, I really wanted to start using more natural products in my home.  I love decorating my home.  I love for it to be clean, inviting, and smelling good, because I believe that your home is your sanctuary and you should always be excited to come home to it and feel comfortable living in it.

I love the typical products that most people use to make their homes smelling good, such as candles, plug ins, and scented tarts.  The problem is that many of these products bring unwanted toxins into our homes, which we breath in and it affects our bodies and skin in many ways.  Plus, these products are very expensive!  So, I decided to make my own natural room deodorizers, with products that I already had in my home.

What you will need

   - a decorative container of your choosing.......tea tin, candle container, mason jar, decorative bowl, etc.

   - baking soda

   - essentials of your choosing, such as lavender, lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.

   - a spoon




Fill your containers 1/4 - 1/3 full with baking soda.  Add several drops of your essential oil to the mixture.  I used 5-10  drops per oil.  Mix together......and voila, you are done!  You could always add ribbon, cut outs, or a fabric cover to your containers, whatever your style preferences happen to be.  This could also be a quick and easy project that you do with your little ones.

So simple, so easy, and so inexpensive, and you have a cute,  yet effective , all natural deodorizer for your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment