Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My December Beauty Favorites!



Maybelline Concealer - This concealer is truly excellent!  I needed to get my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in a lighter color for the winter, but didn't want to go to the mall while I was out.  So, I stopped in Target and picked this one up instead.  I think it is every bit as good as my Mac and less than half the price!  It is lightweight, but offers complete opaque coverage.  I always set my concealer with powder, so I haven't gotten any creasing.  Such a great drugstore find!!

First Aid Beauty Face Wash - The first product I tried from this line was their Ultra Repair Cream.  This skincare line has no parabens or sulfates and is good for eczema and psoriasis, which is why I wanted to try it.  I get psoriasis on my hands, feet, and legs.  I loved the Ultra Repair Cream so I bought a variety box of some of their popular products to try for my birthday.  The first product I went through was their face wash.  A little goes a long way and it is very gentle yet cleanses well. It does not irritate or dry out my skin.

First Aid Beauty Lip - Most of us experience some chapping in the winter months, but if you have fuller lips, you probably get it even more!  I had been using the Elizabeth Arden for over a year, and it is a great product.  The First Aid Beauty brand is just as good though, and half the price!  I typically do a lip scrub several times a week during my evening skincare routine, and immediately apply this afterward.  Even without the scrub, I use this daily to keep my lips comfortable.

Too Faced Star Dust by Vegas Nay - I got this as a Christmas gift from my sweet friend and hairstylist for almost 10 years, Julie.  I had been wanting it, just hadn't purchased yet.  It is gorgeous!!  Too Faced and Tarte are my favorite high end makeup brands.  The quality is definitely there!  The colors are smooth and very blendable, no patchiness.  It is also very pigmented.  I love this palette because you can easily do a very neutral everyday or smokey look, but you also have other shades that are stunning for a night out or holiday look.  A very universally flattering palette.  It has some matte, satin, and shimmer shades, so you get a great variety here.


Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Love Hangover & Your Love Is King -  I had heard a lot about these blushes on youtube.  I love the Too Faced brand and blush, so I really wanted to try them.  These are my first blushes of theirs and they are sooooo pretty!  They are soft and smooth, blend well and are very pigmented.  You will only want to tap your blush in the pan to apply.  It is easier to build the color then to try to blend it away.  These are 16 hour blushes.  While I don't wear my makeup for 16 hours, these definitely hold up throughout my days.  Love Hangover is the prettiest peachy-pink shade.  I think it will flatter skin tones from very fair to tan.  I like to bronze or wear a darker blush on the back of my cheeks and put this color right on my apples.  That doesn't mean that this color isn't beautiful on it's own, because it is, I just love to wear a few blushes with bronzer and highlight to vary the dimensions.  That is just my preference.  I love these blushes so much that I just ordered the Love Flush Blush limited edition palette from Ulta.  The palette includes 6 shades, and they all are named after love songs.  How adorable is that??  :D



Tarte Silk Amazonian Clay Eye Liner - I got these liners in a big Tarte kit that I ordered from QVC.  I keep reaching for these because the liners are so smooth, creamy, and pigmented.  Once they set, I have no smudging or smearing.  I gave a few to my friend who also likes them as much as I do, and is planning on getting her mom some for her birthday.  You can definitely tell that these are of great quality as soon as you apply them.  I will definitely repurchase these.  I'm surprised that I haven't heard more people talk about them.  I very rarely wear liner in my waterline, but I think these would stay put once they set, if that is how you like to wear your eyeliner.  I am also a contact lens wearer and these cause no irritation.


I wanted to show how long wearing these are.  This is after i wiped and wiped my arm with a kleenex, and then washed my arm with antibacterial soap and it was still there.  It didn't come odd till I took a shower and used my loofah.  


Tarte Vitamin C Eye Cream - I also got this cream in the Tarte kit.  I have dark circles, especially under my left eye.  They get worse depending on my allergies, sleep, and if I am fighting a sinus infection, like I am now.  I do think that this cream has lightened them a little since I started using it a month ago, but I also love it because it is versatile.  I wear this at night before bed, but I also use it in the morning before applying makeup and my makeup stays in place.  A little goes a long way, so this jar will last me probably 6 months.

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation - I only tried this foundation because I got a free sample from Sephora.  Amazingly, the color matched perfectly (this was sent to me from a previous order).  I just loved the coverage and finish!  The closest thing that I can compare this foundation to is Estee Lauder's Double Wear.  I think the coverage is even slightly better and I like the finish better.  Estee Lauder is quite matte, but the Lock It foundation is a satin to natural finish on me, which I prefer over matte.  This line also has quite a good color range to choose from.  Picking just the right foundation....color, finish, coverage, etc., can be very tricky.  I suggest going to a store like Sephora where you can have an associate color match you and even give you a sample to take home before purchasing.  Sephora is excellent about providing samples to their customers.  They also have an excellent return policy, so no need to be stuck with something that you don't love.


Airspun Translucent Powder - I remember seeing this powder many years ago in my grandma's bathroom.  After seeing several youtubers talk about it, I thought I would try it for myself.  I purchased it to use it for my under eye concealer to "bake" with.  It works great and I am really enjoying it!!  It is a loose powder that is very finely milled.  I dampen my beauty blender with my L'Oreal Infallible makeup spray, dab it into the powder, and let it bake under my eyes for five minutes before wiping away.  My under eyes stay bright and crease proof throughout the day!  This is an inexpensive powder that you can find at most drugstores and discount stores.  You get a lot of product, so it should last you at least a year, even if you use it on your entire face.

Benefit Erase Paste in Medium - Like I mentioned earlier, I have dark under eyes.  I had been using Pixi's Eye Corrector, which I liked, but I wanted to try the Benefit corrector because I heard it was similar, but a little better.  I do like this better than the Pixi product, and here is why.....this is more on the pink side as opposed to peach and it is much creamier than the Pixi corrector.  I use this under my concealer and powder.  It covers my circles, doesn't crease, and lasts me all day.  This one is around $10 more than the Pixi.  If you are budgeting, try the Pixi, maybe you will be completely happy with it.  Just remember that you can easily return to Ulta and Sephora if you aren't happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment