Monday, April 14, 2014

FOTD - Natural Glow



I love Jennifer Lopez's makeup and style.  So, I wanted to achieve that J Lo Glow.  Here are the face products that I used to get that natural looking glow:

NYX Pore Filler

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation - W6

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - W7

NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator - Gleam

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser - Light

Flower Cosmetics Cream Blush - Peach Blossom

Revlon Photoready Bronzer Powder - Bronzed & Chic

Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones - Sophisticated Sable

ELF HD Powder 

Step 1 - I am between colors on my foundation, so I mixed the 2 L'Oreal foundations with the NYX Liquid Illuminator.  I applied them evenly over my entire face, with my Sigma F80 Kabuki Brush.  

Step 2 - Using the Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser, I highlighted the center of my forehead, under my eyes (upside down triangle), the center of my chin, center of my nose, and cupid's bow.

Step 3 - I applied the Flower Cream Blush to the apples of my cheeks only.  I did this because you want to use all your cream products, then your powder ones.  Don't mix back and forth.  You will end up looking like a cake face!

Step 4 - Next, I applied the bronzer....in the hollows of my cheeks, temples, sides of forehead, sides of my nose, and jawline.  

Step 5 - I used all 3 shades of my Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones.  The darkest color, I applied to the backs of my cheeks, close to the hairline.  The middle color, I applied to the apples of my cheeks.  The lightest color, was applied to the tops of my cheekbones, center of my nose, forehead, and chin.  I used a very light hand with the application of the highlight color.  

Step 6 - I used a powder brush to blend everything out, and applied a light dusting of the ELF HD Powder.  

This may be a lot more steps than you are used to doing with the skin, but once you get it down, it goes very quickly.  It just takes a little practice.  After a few times, it should be a snap!  

If you would like to see how I highlight and contour, Click Here!


No comments:

Post a Comment