Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My April Favorites!

I don't have a lot of favorites this month, because I got sick and was in bed for nine days.  These are the products that I grabbed pretty much everyday that I did my hair and makeup.



1. MAC Quad - Mystery (dark matte brown), Satin Taupe, Soft Brown (matte), Brûlée (matte)
I purchased this late last summer, and though I liked it, I had a bunch of new palettes I was using.  I have recently went back to using this, and I am using it all the time!  I love mystery for my brows.  Sometimes, this is all I use in them.  Soft Brown is a great transition color for ANY eye look, and Brûlée is a great highlighting shade for ANY look as well.  For my first MAC palette, I really love the choices I made.  My mom loves it so much, that she went and put together the exact same palette for herself.  She has different hair color, eye color, and skin tone, which just shows how universally flattering it is!  It isn't a cheap purchase, but the shadows are so high quality, no fall out, and long lasting that it is worth it in my opinion.


2.  ELF HD Powder (translucent)
I started buying ELF quite some time ago, but I was skeptical.  I wasn't sure how good it would be for being so inexpensive, but I have to say most things I have tried, I have really liked!  This is my latest ELF purchase, and I love it!  It is a very lightweight, loose, translucent finishing powder.  It sets my makeup, and helps it to last the entire day!  I have nothing bad to say about this product.  This is the only powder I have used since I purchases it, which says a lot.  I know they have an under eye setting powder, that I have heard great things about.  I can't wait to try that one as well.  This powder was only $6.  You can find ELF online, at Target, and Meijer.

3.  ELF Kabuki Brush -  I bought this brush when I bought the powder, and it works great!  It was only $6!  I have washed it, and used it every time I applied makeup.  It has had no fallout or left any bristles behind with application.  It does a great job!

4.  L'Oreal Boost It Hairspray - L'Oreal has come out with a new line of products.  This is the first that I have tried, and it works really great!  I use this with my teasing comb.  I section my hair, back comb, spray, let dry for a few moments, and it leaves a lift that last all day!  If you have hair that tend to fall flat, give this spray a try.  It's a drugstore product, with a high end effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment