Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Top 10 Spring & Summer Lipsticks (Mostly Drugstore)!

I have a lot of lipsticks.  I probably buy more lip products than anything else.  I went through everything to pick out my top 10.  These are the lipsticks that I grab the most during the warmer months.


1.  MAC Sheen Supreme - Asian Flower

This is the first MAC Lipstick I ever bought, and I still love it!  It is a shade of orchid, which is the color of the year.  This formula is a cross between a lipstick and a gloss, but not sticky at all.  Very moisturizing.


2.  MAC Viva Glam Nicki

I had heard a lot of buzz about this lipstick, and I wanted to try it.  My mom loved it, and talked me into it.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it, but I do love it.  This is a very warm weather color!


3.  NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

I really like this deep pink shade.  It is a matte, which is hard to find.  If matte isn't for you, you can always add a gloss over it.  These don't smear or rub, and last longer than a typical lipstick.


4.  L'Oreal Le Gloss - Raspberry Flush

These are almost like a hybrid between a gloss and lipstick.  They feel like a gloss, but have more of a saturated color than a lipstick.  Some are more pigmented than others.  I like this one on it's own or over a lipstick.


5.  Maybelline Color Sensational - Vibrant Mandarin

This color looks a little more red in the pic, than it is in person.  I used this lipstick in one of my very first posts last year.  It is so pretty, and orange lips are very on trend for this year, just like last year.  There is an entire Maybelline line of vivids to choose from.  I would do more of a neutral look for the rest of my face, and let the lips be the focus of the look.


6.  NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss - Beige

I wanted this color for so long, but every time I went to Ulta it was out!  I actually ended up finding this at my local Meijer store.  These are very comfortable on the lips.  The one thing I'm not crazy about is the smell.  Many NYX lip products smell like cake or frosting.  This one smells more like licorice.  As long as you don't mind the smell, which isn't overpowering once applied, I think you will really enjoy this one.  It is very versatile.  I wear it alone, and over many different pink lipsticks.


7.  Maybelline Color Sensational - Make Me Pink

This is one of my favorite pink lipsticks ever!  I love Maybelline's formula, and this is a perfect pink that would flatter everyone.  I wear this all year around, but it is beautiful in the Spring and Summer, with pink and purple eye looks.


8.  Wet N Wild - 901B Think Pink

This Wet N Wild formula, in my opinion, is very underrated!  They are super affordable, have great color selection, and lasts longer than most on my lips.  If you find it a little drying, just apply a gloss on top.  These are a great option if you want to branch out and try some new lip colors, but don't want to spend a lot on a color you aren't sure of.


9.  Wet N Wild - 903C Just Peachy

I do have a lot of pink's, but I really do love peach and coral as well.  There just aren't as many to choose from.  This is a light peach, that could pass for a nude.  It would go well for any look, and would look great on a variety of people.  


10.  Wet N Wild - 967 Dollhouse Pink

Okay, I know this one will be a little much for a lot of people, but it really does look great!  It is a neon pink, but with a more neutral face, it is a great night out lipstick.  Not convinced?  Maybe I'll do a FOTD, using it :)


I know that some of these colors may be a little bit out of some people's comfort zone, but it is just lipstick.   Try something new.  If you don't like it, just wipe it off, and go back to you trusty stand by. I love playing around with new looks depending on my outfit or what I am doing.  Have some fun!  Makeup doesn't have to be serious.  You just may end up finding a new favorite!


 I am wearing Wet N Wild - Think Pink topped with NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss - Beige

Make sure you like me on Facebook, www.facebook.com/yourbeautyplace1 and www.instagram.com/yourbeautyplace for FOTD'S and other pics!  

No comments:

Post a Comment