Saturday, May 10, 2014

Face Of The Day - Winged Liner With Pink Makeup

I was spending the day running errands, and meeting up with my Mom & Grandma.  I wanted to look nice, but have a quick look.  I used no contour or liner on the bottom.  I used lashes, but that is actually quicker for me than applying several coats of two mascaras.  I have to say, perfecting the winged liner has been the hardest thing for me.  I will tell you about my favorite way to get them right, so don't be scared of doing it!


Products Used - 

1.  Pixi Face Primer

2.  Garnier BB Cream for Oily/Combo Skin - Light/Medium

3.  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles - Brightener

4.  E.L.F High Definition Powder

5.  E.L.F. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder

6.  Milani Baked Blush - Delizioso Pink (matte)

7.  The Balm Mary Louminizer

 8.  L'Oreal 12 Hour Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner - Black

9.  Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - Strange (matte white), Limit (mauve matte), and Nooner (dark mauve matte)

10.  Ardell Lashes - 116

11.  L'Oreal Original Voluminous Mascara - Black

12.  Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner - East End Snob

13.  Cover Girl Lipstick - 365 Enchantress

14.  Mac Lusterglass - Spring Green

15.  Makeup Remover Cloth


Well, looking at the list, this may be a lot of product for some people, but not me :)  Anyways, let's get started with the application.  Now, when I do a winged liner, I do my eyes first.  I really don't like doing my eyes first, but it makes it easier to clean up mistakes.

First, I applied limit to the crease.  I used nooner on the crease as well, but focused on the outer corner.  Then, I applied strange on the lid and under the brow.  Using the liquid liner, I drew a thin line on my top lash line, making it thicker as it goes towards the outer corner.  I start my flick at the very outer corner of my eye, where my top lash line and lower lash line meet.  I draw it at a diagonal towards my eyebrow.  If you have made a mistake or your lines aren't even, DON'T PANIC!  No one draws them on perfectly every time.  Get a makeup remover cloth, and using ur nail as the sharp edge, wipe away any mistakes.  I use these cloths as my eraser.  Winged eyeliner takes practice for everyone, I promise.  So, just practice and take your time.  I like this liquid eyeliner for a flick, because it has a felt tip.  It is not a traditional liquid liner.  I, personally, don't like to use the traditional kind.  I do really like gel liner for this look, though.  I do like this felt tip liner, but I have to say, I wish it was blacker.  It goes on a little light for me.  I applied my Ardell Lashes, and a coat of mascara.  Eyes are done!

So, then I worked on my skin.  I applied my face primer, BB cream,  under eye concealer, and powders.  I have to say, I really like this BB cream.  It gives a good light coverage, but you have to get the oily to combo one.  The dry skin formula is different. It isn't nearly as good.  For the cheeks, I applied delizioso pink.  This is a new matte blush from Milani.  They have two now, and it is really pretty.  I definitely recommend all Milani blushes!  I topped my cheekbones off with a little Marylouminizer, because I like a little glow.  I love J Lo, so I am always trying out her looks!  

For lips, I used liner, lipstick, and lip gloss as usual.  This color does seem awful bright in the tube, but I really like it in the warmer months.  It is definitely a statement lipstick!  I hope this gave you some ideas and tips to try.  Don't be scared to try new things.  Practice your looks, and remember....it's only makeup!  Have a great weekend :)

-XOXO MONIQUE

No comments:

Post a Comment