Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Trend - 90's/Kylie Jenner Inspired Lip Colors

The lip trend for this fall has been a matte 90's or Kylie Jenner inspired lip color.  You see it everywhere!!  So, I though that I would look into my collection, most of which are recent purchases because I have also been buying those types of colors lately, and let you know what I have been wearing.  All but one are drugstore, so they will be easier to find and budget friendly!


Milani Color Statement Lipstick - Pretty Natural

I love these lipsticks, and I have never bought a color that I didn't like.  They are comfortable, creamy, and smell great!  You can find them at CVS, Walgreens, and Meijer.


NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream - Stockholm

This color applies with a doe foot applicator like a gloss, but is matte like a lipstick.  It is comfortable and not drying.  It also lasts a good while once applied.  You can find NYX at Ulta, Meijer, and many Target stores.


NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors - 565
(round lipstick)

I really love this color, but I can't take credit for picking it out.  I got this last year in my Ipsy Bag.  Another great formula from NYX!


Milani Color Statement Lipstick - Teddy Bare

Another new fall color for me.  I went to MAC to try Velvet Teddy, but found that they look so similar that there was no sense in buying the MAC color.  If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, this is a great one!


Jordana Lipstick - Taupe

I found this color online on another beauty blog.  She recommended this color for the new fall trend.  I always buy Jordana at Walgreens, but mine doesn't carry their lipsticks, so I ordered it online.  It was a steal for $2 - $3!  This matte color is a dryer formula than the other colors, so I would recommend applying a balm underneath it.


Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick - Touch Of Spice

Maybelline recently came out with this line of matte colors.  These are the exact same amazing formula as the entire color sensational line, except for the matte finish.  These are not drying, but moisturizing and comfortable.  I fell in love with this color after seeing many beauty vloggers wearing it.  I had to go try it myself!


NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick - Thalia Thalia
(round lipstick)

I have known about this color for a long time, but just recently purchased it because I loved how it looked.  It is flattering on everyone that I have seen wear it.  It's the same incredible NYX formula that is so comfortable and moisturizing.


MAC Lip Pencil - Whirl

I have read that this is the actual lip color that Kylie Jenner has worn in some of her recent popular photos.  I got this color because I do love it, but also because it can be worn with all of the colors in this post.  It is very versatile!  I have nothing over it in this picture.  It is just the pencil.  MAC lip liners are more expensive than the drugstore alternatives, but they have a wide selection of colors, they last all day, and it would take a forever to use up the entire pencil.

So, these are my picks for this years fall trend.  If you have been on the search yourself, I hope you found a color here that will work for you.  If you have found any great colors yourself, please leave them in the comments section.  I hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment