Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Top Ten Drugstore Eye Products

1.  Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Liners- This formula is creamy, easy to apply, and long lasting.  Great eyeliner for the waterline, because it will stay all day.  I have heard that these are comparable, and some believe even better than Mac eyeliners.  They have a good selection of colors, and an incredible price!

2.  L'Oreal 24 hour Infallible eye shadow- I can't say enough about these!  They are highly pigmented, blend beautifully, and are comparable to very high end brands, such as Tom Ford.  They are a drugstore gem, in my opinion.  They are so versatile.  You can use several colors to make a smokey eye or use a single shadow with some mascara for a simple, yet beautiful daytime look.  I can't get enough of these, and always go back for more....I have 18!  Right now, there are 4 limited edition colors from the candy shop collection, perfect for summertime!

3.  L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer 24 hour Gel Liner- another wonderful infallible product!  I love the look of a black liquid or gel liner.  I'm always in the mood for a cat eye, but I find liquid eyeliner harder to work with.  These gel liners are perfect.  Smooth, creamy, and super long lasting.  They are easy to use, and can work with so many different looks.  Another plus, I love the brush!  I have other liner brushes, but always use this one.


4.  Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eyeshadow- These are unlike any other eye product in the drugstore.  They are a cream shadow.  What makes these so wonderful is their versatility and long lasting, crease free wearability.  They can be used on their own to create many eye looks, or you can use them as a shadow base under powder shadows.  This will pop your eyeshadow color, and give you an extra long crease free look.  I have heard these be compared to Mac Paint Pots.  They are offered in several beautiful colors, along with their metal collection, which has metallic colors.


5.  Wet N Wild Eye Shadow Palettes(8 colors)-  If you haven't tried Wet N Wild in awhile, you are missing out!  This isn't the same Wet N Wild from many years ago.  They have many great and super affordable products available.  These eyeshadow Palettes have to be my favorite.  They are so pigmented, and blend very well.  They have 3 palettes that are always available, and from time to time, have limited edition palettes. They have 3 shadow counterparts in a variety of colors that are equally as good, but for a dollar or 2 more why not get the 8 shadows?  They retail for only 4.99!!

6.  Physicians Formula Matte Quads- If you are browsing the drugstore for some matte shades or palettes, Good Luck!  They are hard to find!  Most shadows have shimmer or a satin finish.  You may find a few matte singles, but that's about it.  Many mattes tend to be dry or chalky, not these!  There are 3 four shadow palettes to choose from.  They aren't drying, and blend beautifully, with great color options.  Every girl needs at least on of these palettes to round out her shadow collection.

7.  ELF Eyelid Primer- I always use a primer on my lids, because I don't want to be reapplying throughout the day.  A dollar eyelid primer that works!  Need I say more?  You can find these online or at Target.

8.  Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner- these are the first gel liners I ever started using, and I still think they are great!  They come in square pots that stack together, which makes these great for traveling and storing.  You get 3 shades that apply with ease, and stay all day.

9.  Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara- I am new to the Jordana line, and so far, I've been pleased!  This mascara works like a dream and is comparable or better than many mascara's on the market, drugstore or high end.  For 2.99, you don't have anything to lose, so give it a try.  You can find Jordana products at Walgreens.

10. Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume- An oldie, but a goodie. This classic mascara from Cover Girl is a winner that always performs. Great volume and separation....you can't go wrong. Also available in waterproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment