Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ipsy July Glam Bag Review, FOTD, and LOTD

This month's glam bag is a round, see through, pink bag with the Ipsy logo.  I really like this bag.  It's small, cute, and easy to use, because it is see through.  I use all my ipsy bags, because they are easy, and convenient to throw in your handbag.  So now, let's get to July's products.....

-  Benefit Benetint-  This is my first time using this product.  It can be used as a cheek stain or a lip stain.  I tried it as both.  For the cheeks, I really like it!  The product is very liquidy.  So, it comes with a small brush (like a nail polish brush).  It is recommended to apply 3 small strokes to the apples of your cheeks.  I did as instructed, and quickly blended with my fingertips, blending up and out toward my hairline.  This product gives a very natural looking glow.  You can build up the color, so I reapplied it two more times, using the same technique.  I have a tan skin tone, medium to dark.  I will definitely use this, especially for a soft day look.  As a lip stain.....it works, don't get me wrong, but it's so liquidy for a stain.  It does quickly dry, and give a subtle stain, but it's weird for me, because it is completely dry.  I have a fuller lip, and need moisture.  Also, the taste is not good.  It tastes chemically (if that's a word).  If you want a natural daytime lip, it's worth a try, but I would apply a chapstick, balm, or gloss overtop of it.  I definitely prefer it as a cheek stain.  The cheeks did last all day, but I also had a very longwearing foundation on.  The full size Benetint retails for $30.  You can purchase this online, or at Sephora and Macy's.

-  Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon-  Another first for me!  This is a lip product that can also be used as a cream blush.  I really like this one!  It is a great lip product, because of it silky, smooth texture.  It is a balm, not a lipstick or lip gloss.  It isn't greasy or sticky the way glosses can be.  It is very comfortable and moisturizing.  I think many people would love this product.  It doesn't need a lip liner or a mirror, it's that easy to apply!  This is great for a quick makeup look, that isn't so fussy.  I also tried this as a cream blush.  I like it, and would use it in that way as well.  Again, it wasn't sticky or super shiny, like some cream blush.  It was very easy to blend.  The only thing, I probably would have picked a deep color for my cheeks, because I do have a tan.  It doesn't show up a lot, but again, good for a simple day look.  I just prefer more color on my face.  You can buy these at popbeautycosmetic.com.  They come in a kit of 6 for $25.

- BH Cosmetics California Collection- the California Collection has 3 different palettes....Malibu, San Francisco, and Hollywood. I reviewed and did a FOTD for each palette earlier this month. Ipsy sent a small compact that had one color from each collection, so 3 colors in total. From the Hollywood palette, I received a deep purple color with a little shimmer. From San Francisco, I received a medium brown color with shimmer. Lastly, the Malibu color was a gold shimmer. All of the colors were very pigmented, and blended well. My opinion since my initial reviews hasn't changed. They lasted well through out the day as well. You can purchase these on bh cosmetics.com. They typically sell for $17.95 a piece. They are on sale for $8.95 right now.

- Coola Mineral Sunscreen Unscented- This is a tinted moisturizer that is organic, and has a 20 SPF. It is hypoallergenic and paraben free. I have tried tinted moisturizers before, but not from this brand. I was not impressed at all. It is white and disappers as you apply it. I didn't feel any moisture or see any tint. It dried quickly, and streaked on me. The only person that could possibly like this, would be someone with very oily skin, who wants an SPF without moisture under their makeup. I appreciate the organic, hypoallergenic, and paraben free characteristics, but I'm not impressed with the feel, texture, and lack of tint. You can purchase this product on coolasuncare.com for $36.

- Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray- This is my first time trying a Healthy Sexy Hair Product. I knew this product really wouldn't be useful for me. I have short to medium length hair and my cut doesn't lend itself to the popular wavy, beachy look. I did try it on a day that I washed my hair. I applied it wet, and let it air dry. I didn't use any other products, because I wanted to see how this product performed on its own. I didn't see any difference in how my hair looked, as opposed to when I let it air dry on its own. I'm not saying this is bad, simply because I didn't expect it to do anything to my length and cut. It did however, make my scalp very itchy. I wouldn't be able to use this no matter what my cut was. Maybe it was the soy. I have not knowingly used a soy product before. You can purchase this product at select salons. No price was listed on their website.

FOTD- Ipsy Glam Bag Products



Eyes- California Collection, Maybelline Define-A-Brow- Medium Brown, Sigma Highlighting Pencil, Almay Intense I-Color Volumizing Mascara- 031 Plum

LOTD- This day was just a weekday of running errands around town. I wanted to be casual, but presentable. I quickly pulled my hair up, and did easy daytime makeup. I only spent 30 minutes on myself, before running out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment