Thursday, February 13, 2014

FOTD - My Valentines Look!


This is the Valentine's Day look that I came up with, using my Naked 3 Palette.  With all of the rosy colors, I thought it would be perfect for the occasion.  I used Maybelline's Master Hi-Light blush in Mauve on my cheeks, and Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in Blushing Beige for a very nude lip.  Usually, I contour and highlight, use two blushes, a lipliner, lipstick, gloss, and two mascaras, but I wanted to simplify this look, and not give it to many steps.  Yet, it still looks like you put in the work.


Eye Products

-  NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
-  Naked 3 Palette
-  Wet N Wild Gel Liner - Black
-  L'Oreal Million Lashes Voluminous Mascara = Black

Application

First, I used my NYX jumbo pencil for a base.  I blended this from lash line to brow bone.  
I applied strange (matte off white color) to my inner corner, lid, and brow bone.
  I used limit (light matte mauve) in my crease as a transition color.  
I used dust (light shimmery pink) on my lid.
I applied blackheart (dark plumy/black with red shimmer) to the very outer corner.  I used an angled crease brush to apply it in a diagonal line, like a cat eye.
I applied darkside ( dark satin brown with a hint of shimmer) by the blackheart, just to blend and not make it look so harsh.
I also used darkside with a fluffy brush, along my lower lash line.  
I did not use any liner on the bottom lash line.  I used black on the top and winged it out.
Finally, I applied two coats of black mascara.
*For a more sultry look, apply false lashes.



I think this is a pretty, but not overdone look for Valentine's Day or any date night you have coming up.  If you don't have the naked 3 or some of the other products I have, just use the closest products you have in those colors.  I know the Naked 3 palette isn't readily available to everyone.  All the other products are from the drugstore.  Play around with your makeup, have fun, and enjoy your night out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment