Thursday, February 13, 2014

Review - Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush

I had seen a few reviews on this product, so I really wanted to try it.  The concept is that it is a blush with a highlighting effect.  There are 6 colors in total, nude, pink, mauve, coral, light bronze, and deep bronze.


Above, I am wearing the coral blush.  This is the first color that really stood out to me.  Coral and peach are complimentary to my warm skin tone.  I have no contour or highlight on, just the blush.



Here, I am wearing the mauve.  Again, no contour or highlight, just blush.



These are the color swatches (starting from the top) deep bronze, mauve, and coral.  They have great pigmentation and last the entire day for me.  You can wear these more sheared out or build them up.  They have a patchwork type of design to them with varying shades.  I swirl my blush brush over all of them before applying.  They give a nice highlighted effect, that is not overdone.



I think this is a great product for everyday use, because it is a two in one.  I really enjoy these!  They do have shimmer in these to help with the highlighted look, but I don't find it too glittery.  If you don't like shimmer, then this wouldn't be for you.  t first bought the coral and mauve, but liked them so much that I went back for the deep bronze.  You can find these at your local discount and drugstores.  They retail for a little over $10, which is pricey for a drugstore blush, but I bought mine on sale and with two coupons.  I actually got a buy one, get one free that way.  When shopping a Walgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS, and Target, you can combine store coupons with manufacturer's coupons, which really adds up!  I hope this reviewed helped, if you were thinking about trying these out.  As long as the color is complimentary to your skin tone, I don't see why anyone wouldn't love these!  Hope everyone is having a great week!

-XOXO Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment