Monday, February 16, 2015

How To: Put Together An Easy 10 Minute Makeup Routine!

I am a busy wife, mom, and caregiver.  I struggle everyday to accomplish two-thirds of my to do list. Between my responsibilities, housework, workouts, eating healthy, taking care of my skin, spending time with my family, and having some down time, there just isn't enough time in my day!  I don't wear makeup everyday.  Usually 2-3 days a week.  I find that either I wear no makeup or I wear EVERYTHING!.  I start out telling my family that I'll be 10 mins on my makeup, but 45 mins and a winged eyeliner later, I'm finally ready!  My husband has never complained.  I don't even know how that is possible!  Anyways, I decided to get a makeup bag together with only my essential.  Things I really feel I need to wear, and can get a polished look from in 10 minutes.  Of course, there are some items that I eliminated.  I eliminated the steps that I don't feel are really necessary for me.  That is going to be different for everyone, but for me I don't NEED face primer, eye primer, eyeliner, contour, highlight, and lipliner.  I definitely need foundation, concealer, brows, blush, and mascara.

Here are all the items in my makeup bag for my quick everyday look....



Mac Strobe Cream

Maybelline Dream Wonder Foundation - 80 Medium Buff

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer - Brightener

Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer - Light

Revlon Nearly Naked - 30 Medium

Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush - 127 Honeymoon

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2

Tarte Eyelash Curler

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara - Black (One Coat)

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Smoked Peach



I didn't want a look that was too heavy, but I did want a look that would work no matter where my day takes me.  Picking products that can multitask is another time saver.  For example, I filled my brows in with the darkest color in my Naked Basics 2 palette.  The Hard Candy blush has a beautiful glow to it, so I don't feel the need for a highlighter.  Another great highlighting blush is the Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush.  I also use concealers a shade lighter than my skin tone to add to the highlighted look.  I moisturize everyday, so I use my Mac Strobe Cream which is a moisturizer and illuminating cream in one for a great dewy finish.  If you start the application of your mascara at the very base of your top lashes, you will get a more defined look, that resembles eyeliner.  A few well selected products and techniques, make all the difference!

With having everything at my fingertips, I can quickly go from one step to the next without searching for what I need.  Plus, I'm not tempted to add more products, which means more steps.  I decided to use a neutral palette for the eyes, nothing too fancy, and giving the lips more of a punch.  A simple change in lip color can completely transform a look.  I plan on changing out my products every week or every other week.  I will make most of my changes with cheek and lip color, just so I don't get bored wearing the same look everyday.  You can rotate your eye and cheek looks by using pinks, peaches, or plums.  You could also use a neutral blush with a dark vampy lip, if you are looking for a quick evening look.

I used the same makeup for this look, but swapped out the peach blush for Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Rose, and the peach lip for Wet N Wild Mega Slick Balm Stain in Lady and the Vamp.


I have done this look for several days now, and I'm loving that I can quickly get out the door.  If you are used to using primers that prolong your makeup, try a setting spray.  Just spray in an X motion when your makeup is finished.  It's a quick and easy step.  I have been trying out L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Spray & Set, and it seems to be working well.  You can find it at your local drug or discount store.

I hope this post was helpful, and gives you some ideas to shorten your makeup routine.  If you have any questions, please leave them below.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment