Saturday, November 2, 2013

Garnier BB Cream For Oily/Combination Skin - Review

I have used a BB Cream before.  It was okay.  I wouldn't have purchased that brand again.  You hear so many mixed reviews.  I saw a review on this newer BB cream formulated for oily/combo skin, so I thought it was worth a try.



Garnier offers 3 colors, light/medium, medium/deep, and deep.  I got light/medium, and it matches well.  I don't think I am quite dark enough for the medium/deep. This BB cream claims to control shine, minimize pores, even skin tone, hydrate, and protect. I used this without a primer, because I wanted to get a feel for the foundation on it's own.  It is oil free, and has quite a liquidy formula.  It has a squeeze application, so make sure you don't squeeze too much.  Once applied, put the cap on or it will leak out when you sit it down.  I applied mine with my Sigma flat top kabuki - F80 brush.



I wanted to show a comparison, so the right side of my face has bb cream, while the left side doesn't.

I have a lot of freckles, some brown spots (I got them when I was pregnant, and they never left), circles, and uneven skin tone.  I rarely get acne, so that isn't one of my problems.  I think that the bb cream performed well.  I have nothing on, but the cream.  It is lightweight and comfortable to wear.  It isn't cakey in any way.  I would say this is a light to medium coverage.  I did put on 2 layers, but I don't think you could build this up to full coverage.  It will give a satin to matte finish, depending on how oily your skin is.


This is after concealer, brightener, and powder.  The lighting in this picture is a little brighter from the sun.  My eyelids are puffy, because I have horrible allergies, and they pretty much stay that way in the fall and spring.  It is not the bb cream.

I think this product lives up to it's claims.  I did not get oily throughout the day, it wore well, and I was happy with the end result.  This is a great everyday foundation.  It is a little more pricey than some bb creams and foundations, from the drugstore.  I paid a little over $13, but you get 2 ounces.  Most foundations only give one ounce.  The Revlon Colorstay Whipped and Cover Girl Clean Whipped Foundation, give less than one ounce.  So, if you compare the quantity, it is a great value, and will last a long time.  As you know, I have oily skin, but I have heard that this is great for dry skin as well.  If you have been contemplating purchasing this bb cream, I hope this review helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment