Monday, December 9, 2013

Review - Estee Lauder Double Wear

I was running low on my foundation, and was thinking about what I would buy next.  It was my birthday and I went to the mall with my mom, with the intention on getting Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.  We were color matched by the makeup artist, and quickly found our colors.




I have been wearing the foundation for almost a week now, and I absolutely love it!  It has a medium to full buildable coverage, and a very natural, semi matte finish.  The staying power is incredible.  It claims to have a 15 hour staying power.  It honestly looks the same at the end of the day, as it does as the beginning.  It feels so lightweight on the skin, like you have nothing on your face.  It is fragrance free, oil free, dermatologist tested, and non acnegenic.  I have combination/oily skin, though it is quite normal during the winter months.  My mom has dry skin all year around.  It works great for both of our skin types.  Also, we both usually powder with our foundation.  We both have found that we no longer need to do that.

I love this formula, and wouldn't change a thing about it.  The only thing I wish was different is the packaging.  I really wish that it came with a pump.  It is a very traditional foundation bottle.  I find that it can get a little messy if you aren't careful.  Luckily, I do my makeup in a robe or nightgown,  Otherwise, I would get it on my clothes, which would be very frustrating.

They offer many colors, I counted 31 on their website, so I am sure you will find a color to match.  It contains 1 fluid ounce, which is the standard for foundation.  It retails for $37.  It is definitely more than my drugstore favorites, but I do think it is worth the extra money, if you have the room in your budget.  I have never used the words "holy grail", but for me this is the best foundation that I have used to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment