Friday, November 20, 2015

My October Lifestyle & Beauty Favorites!

I haven't posted in awhile, because a lot has been going on in my life, but I think things are getting back to normal.  I didn't wear a lot of makeup in October, but when I did I was always grabbing the same things.  I was on a no buy for the month of September.  I didn't buy anything till almost 2 weeks into October.  I guess once I got out of the habit of buying, I just didn't have that itch to do so.  I ended up buying a Laura Geller Beauty Box that had a lot of products in it.  This was my first Laura Geller purchase, and I did like everything in the box.


Laura Geller Baked Balance & Brighten Blush - Tropic Hue &  Berry Trifle - I love blush, and I am a total blush junkie.  I was so excited to try these, because I have always heard great things about this line.  I really enjoy these blushes!  They are pigmented, apply smoothly, and give a soft glow to the cheeks that really brightens up the face.  This is very much a two in one product.  There is no need to add a highlight to this blush.  Funny enough, on the day that I purchased this blush, I also got a deluxe sample of it in my monthly subscription service (Ipsy, I believe).  I'm loving both shades and wearing them often.


Tropic Hue & Berry Trifle



Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer - Champagne - I love face primers and use them most of the time.  I am also a fan of a luminous or natural finish to the skin.  This primer definitely delivers, if a luminous finish is what you are after!!  The primer is lightweight and doesn't make my face oily, and I have normal to oily skin depending on the time of the year.  This primer luminates so well that I don't wear a highlighter with it.  I like to wear this with more of a natural to matte foundation.  I think it would be too much with my L'Oreal True Match Lumi.  If you are looking for that J. Lo glow and only want to use one product to achieve it, this product will easily and quickly give you that glow!


Laura Geller Baked Balance and Brighten Foundation Powder - I love my Too Faced Amazing Face Powder, so I was kinda iffy about whether I would even use this product.  I am glad that I have it though.  It is very different from my Too Faced powder.  The Too Faced is a powder foundation that adds extra coverage, but can also be worn on it's own.  The Balance and Brighten powder has a much lighter feel to it.  It doesn't add any additional coverage, but it does blur any imperfections and brighten the complexion leaving your skin looking fresh.  I think this powder is more of an everyday powder when you are going for a more natural daytime look.  It has never become heavy or cakey on me.



Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner - I knew of this product, but hadn't tried it.  I was so surprised when I went to my hair appointment, and my hair stylist had bought this for me as a nice surprise!  I really have enjoyed this product!  It makes doing a cat eye so much easier.  Cat eyes have been the hardest thing for me to master.  Makeup application has always come so easy to me, but the cat eye technique can be so frustrating.  It takes practice for sure.  I wish I would have found this product a long time ago.  It has more of a gel liner consistency than a liquid one, which I have always preferred gel to liquid.  I find it easier to work with.  The color is very black, but dries nice and matte.  I like to do a cat eye, because I find that if I do, I don't need to do much else to my eyes.  I usually do a light overall lid shade, and a medium brown in the crease for definition.  It's a great addition if you want to go from a day look to an evening look.  Just add the cat eye, and a deeper lip color.....VOILA!


ELF Eyeshadow Quad  - Tantalizing Taupe  - I wasn't sure about this product at first.  I have used lots of good ELF products, but with the shadows being strips, I wasn't sure that I could get to the product well.  I was wrong.  I had no problems getting my brush into the shadow, and I was so surprised at how much I loved this palette!  My looks came out great every time that I have used it, and my shadows never faded or creased.  I used an eyeshadow primer, but I use one with all my shadows.  I didn't get much fall out either.  This is a versatile, inexpensive palette that is great for everyday, natural looks as well as a more dramatic smokey look.




L'Oreal True Match Lumi - I have done a full review on this foundation, so I won't spend too much time on it, but it is one of my favorite drugstore foundations.  With the weather turning cooler, I really like to have more of a luminous finish.  I don't wear this foundation as much in the summer, because I can get too oily.  It is perfect for the colder months or someone with normal to dry skin.  If I want more coverage, I mix it with my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.  If you would like to see a full review, Click Here!

Black & White Toile Curtains - I love to decorate my home, and I always have!  My home is quite modern, but I have always loved toile.  I really never thought that it would work with my decor, but I found these on Amazon, so I had to try them.  I am a prime member, so I received them in 2 days.  They look even better than I imagined!  They are great quality with a great price.  Toile is so hard to find, and when you do it is usually very expensive.  I am so happy to have found these.  They also come in red and blue.  My mom loved mine so much that she got some for her home in red.  She is very happy with hers as well.  If you are interested in a closer look or purchasing them just search for Victoria Park Toil Curtains on Amazon.


*These panels are not as wide as standard panels.  I have two on each of these windows, but had to use four for the slider in my dining area.


This toile comes in different curtain lengths, a cafe curtain, and a few different styles of valances.  The panels also come with tie backs.  I didn't use them, because I have hardware tie backs.


The print in red.

DoTerra Petal Diffuser - I started using DoTerra about a year ago.  It has helped me with multiple ailments, and I am thankful that I found it, but this is my first DoTerra diffuser.  I have two others that I bought from Amazon, which I like and am happy with.  This one is a little different though.  It runs for one, two or four hours.  It has a soft white light that can be turned off if you prefer, but what really sets this diffuser apart from my others is the gentle water sound that comes from it.  It sounds like a small fountain or stream that is so relaxing.  It is also very easy to clean and operate.  I use my diffuser most nights before bed, and in the afternoon if I am taking some time out to relax or read with my tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment