Monday, May 18, 2015

My Top 10 Spring & Summer Blushes!

Let me start out by saying that I think you should wear whatever colors you want, whenever you want.  That being said, there are some colors that just scream warm weather to me or I find they look even better on tanned skin.  Recently, I have definitely become obsessed with blushes.  I've always liked them of course, but this year I love them more than ever!  I find that I can create a dramatic, but quick look very easily with a great blush and bold lipstick.  I think that if the skin is looking flawless and alive with a beautiful blush, you don't need a whole lot more.  Lately, Ive been focusing more on blush and lipstick, while only applying mascara or a soft neutral crease color to the eyes.  Don't get me wrong, I still love bold eyes and winged eye liner, but this is fast, easy, and just feels fresh to me.

Mac Blush - Modern Mandarin:  I bought this blush 2 -3 months ago, after researching Mac blushes, and I am soooo happy that I did!!  I have medium tan skin with very warm undertones, so this color is very complimentary.  It may look scary in the pan, but it is beautiful when applied!  If you are very fair with cool undertones, this wouldn't be your most flattering shade.  I love pairing this color with coral lipsticks like Mac's Costa Chic, it's a gorgeous combination!

Mac Mineralized Blush - Warm Soul: Let me say that I believe warm soul is a great color all year around and flatters everyone, but I love it during the warm months, because it gives a warm beachy glow to tanned skin.  This is a mineralized blush so, it does have shimmer in it, but it isn't overpowering at all.  When wearing these mineralized blushes, they also give such a nice glow/highlight that just looks dewey and fresh.  I love them and can't wait to get more!

Mac Mineralized Blush - Gentle: This is my most recent Mac blush purchase.  I bought it online, so I wasn't sure how it would look, but it is the prettiest berry-pink color.  It is a warmer shade of pink, so it flatters warm skin tones.  Again, you will get a beautiful glow, that doesn't need additional highlighting.


*From Left to Right - Modern Mandarin, Warm Soul, and Gentle


Milani Blush - Luminoso: Ohhhh Luminoso.....how I love thee.....  This is one of my first holy grail blush loves, and it is from the drugstore!  This color is similar to Nars Orgasm.  It is a gorgeous warm  peach with gold flecks.  It's beautiful on everyone!  It is such a versatile shade, that if I buy makeup for anyone, I buy them this.  It doesn't matter their skin tone, eye color, or hair color....It Works!!  I wear this color year around, but think it looks great on tanned skin.


*TIP - My favorite technique for applying blush is to use two colors.  I love to put the deeper shade on the backs of the cheeks toward the hairline, and a lighter shade in the same color family, on the apples.  I find that this gives the face more dimension.  Use a bronzer or contour along with a highlighter, and you have instantly stepped it up even more!  It's not necessary to use all the products daily, but is great for a date or night out.


Milani Blush - Coralista: Coralista is similar to Luminoso, but it has a lot more coral and it is brighter as well.  If you love coral blushes, you will fall in love with this one for sure!!  If you only get one coral blush from the drugstore, get this one.  Again, this one has shimmer, which gives a beautiful glow.


*From left to right, top to bottom - Luminoso, Coralista, Dolce Pink, Delizioso Pink

Milani Blush - Dolce Pink: Okay, so you can see a theme here....I love Milani baked blushes!  In my opinion, nothing at the drugstore compares to them.  You can find some great blush lines, but some colors are hits and some are misses.  All of the baked Milani blushes are hits!  I do lean more towards peaches and corals, but I love a good pink as well.  This one is so pretty.  It has the same glow, but it isn't too pink.  It's neutral enough that works with whatever I pair it with.  It definitely looks like a fresh, youthful pink.

Milani Blush - Delizioso Pink (matte finish): Now this one was out of my comfort zone.  It is very pink!  I tend to stay away from the barbie pinks, because they are usually too cool for my skin tone, and it just looks odd on me.  I had heard so many great things that I thought I would try it anyway.  It is so pretty!  While it is a brighter pink, it isn't too cool.  It's just a gorgeous summer pink.  Unlike the other baked blushes I mentioned, this one is matte.  If you want a little shimmer, you can add a highlight or topper, but having a matte gives you a little more flexibility.  Not everyone likes or wants shimmer everyday.


*From top to bottom - Luminoso, Coralista, Dolce Pink, and Delizioso Pink

Dolce Pink definitely has the most shimmer in it, but look at these colors....GORGEOUS!!
All of the Milani blushes also have a mirror under them, which can come in helpful.  A lot of blushes, drugstore or high end, don't offer that.

*TIP - When applying Milani Baked Blushes, use a light hand.  They are very pigmented!  A little goes a long way.

*TIP - If you find that a color is too cool for your skin tone, pair it with a warm bronzer.  It will make all the difference.

Hard Candy Baked Blush - Honeymoon: I think this is the only Hard Candy product that I own.  I saw a youtuber talk about it, and I HAD to have it!  It was everything she said it was.....warm, peachy, glowy, and youthful.  So beautiful for the summer.  With a bronzer, this is just a warm, glowy, bronzed beach babe look.  You don't need a highlighter with this shade.  I love a quick two-in-one product!


*In this pic, the blush looks quite pink, but I promise you it is not.  It is definitely a warm peach.  The swatch is definitely more accurate.


Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush - Coral: I have talked about these before.  They are my other drugstore favorites.  You get a nicely pigmented blush in a beautiful color, along with a highlight.  These are great everyday two in one products.  They are definitely more glowy than the Milani Baked Blushes, but I don't find them overwhelming at all!

Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush - Deep Bronze: I love this shade for summer, because I love a beachy, bronzed look.  With this shade, you don't need a separate contour.  It's bronzer, blush, and highlight all in one!


Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in Coral & Deep Bronze


ELF Pressed Mineral Blush - Cabo Cabana: With my last ELF purchase, I bought these.  They have 4 colors, and I got them all.  They are a great formula at a great price, so I am so happy I ordered them! This color is a deeper peach that is quite neutral.  If you are more of a pink girl, but want to branch out and try some peaches, this is a great one to try!  They are regularly $5, but I got mine on a 50% off sale.  Always check eyeslipsface.com for great deals.  If you sign up for their email, you won't ever miss out.  They also offer free shipping on purchases of $25 and up.  They also ship very quickly, which I love!

ELF Pressed Mineral Blush - Sweet Retreat: I heard one of my favorite youtuber's talk about this blush, so I went online to order it.  All the colors looked so beautiful that I ended up getting them all. I can't say that this is my favorite one of the bunch, but it is very pretty.  It is a soft peachy-pink, though I think it looks more peach on me.  Because I am tan right now, it doesn't show up like Cabo Cabana, but if you are lighter skin, it will show better.  For me this pairs beautifully with another color, and just gives a soft peach color to the cheeks.  I think this is a great color for a teenager or someone just starting out with makeup.


ELF Pressed Mineral Blush in Cabo Cabana & Sweet Retreat



Sonia Kashuk Blush - Sunset:  I bought this blush because it was recommended by a beauty vlogger that I watch.  I have heard a few others talk about it, but I think it is pretty overlooked.  I have only a couple Sonia Kashuk products (I think I only have finger nail polish and a brush), but this is a really pretty blush that is different than any of the coral blushes that I have.  It is on the orange side, but don't let that scare you.  It looks so fresh and pretty!  It has gold micro shimmers in it, but it isn't like BAM GLITTER ON YO FACE!  It just gives a nice sheen.  I find that red and orange shades tend to be the most natural looking.



As you can see, most of my picks are from the drugstore.  They are easy to find and affordable.  If you are new to makeup or are just looking to add to your blush collection, I hope you found this helpful!  If you have any questions or would like to share your favorite blush picks, please leave them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment