Friday, July 11, 2014

Recipe Of The Week - Cranberry, Orange & Goat Cheese Salad

Contrary to what many people like to think, I am not a salad person.  I have them once in awhile, but not too often.  This salad is my absolute favorite.  I could eat this every night!  It is super easy, and super tasty.  It is a nice addition to any meal, especially summer meals.  


Ingredients

-  Lettuce of your choice (I usually use hearts of romaine and/or leaf lettuce)

-  Craisins (50% less sugar), probably 8 or so

-  One cutie, peeled

-  Goat Cheese, 1 - 2 Tablespoons

-  Private Selections Raspberry Vinagrette

- Almonds, Pecans, or Walnuts (optional)

Simply assemble your salad starting with the first ingredient, and layer.  The sweetness of the cranberries, along with the tartness of the oranges, and creamy goat cheese, is just an explosion of flavors.  This is my favorite raspberry vinaigrette.  I have tried others, but this is the best.  It isn't too sweet or too vinegary.  It is the perfect blend.  If you are looking for a new salad, give this one a try.  I really think you will like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment