Wednesday, August 13, 2014

FOTD - Pink & Purple Summer Look!


On this evening, I was going out with my husband and son.  I have always loved doing pink and purple looks, but It had been quite awhile since I had used them.  This is the look I came up with.

Products Used


Face 

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
 Maybelline Dark Spot Eraser - Brightener (highlight under eyes, center of nose, center of forehead, and chin)
Revlon Nearly Naked Powder
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (contour around hairline, hollows of cheeks, jaw line, and the side of the nose)
 Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush - Pink Rose
Mac Lipliner - Magenta
 Mac Lipstick - Asian Flower (sheen supreme)


Eyes 

 Maybelline Color Tattoo - Inked In Pink
 Maybelline Color Tattoo - Pomegranate Punk
 L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow -Strawberry Blonde
 L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow - Perpetual Purple
 Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - Limit (matte light to medium mauve) & Strange (matte white)
L'Oreal Million Lashes Mascara - Black
L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara - Black.

For my base, I used the Color Tattoos.  I applied Inked In Pink on the lid, from the inner corner to the center of the lid.  I applied Pomegranate Punk on the lid from the center to outer corner.  I blended these with my finger.

For the shadows, I applied Strawberry Blonde on top of the Inked In Pink base.  I used a flat brush, and applied with a patting motion.  I used the Perpetual purple on top of the Pomegranate Punk, using the same brush and technique.  Using a base first, help make the colors of the shadows more vivid, and keeps them from creasing and makes them last longer as well.  Though the infallible shadows have a very long wear on their own.  Blend where the two colors meet on the lid for a smoother transition.


I applied Limit from the Naked 3 Palette to my crease with a blending brush.  This just softened the transition in the crease.  Take your time blending with this shadow to get the gradient look to the shadows.  I applied Strange on my brow bone, under my eye brow, and also a bit in the inner corner.  

I used to liner, and applied two coats of each mascara.  I like to apply the Butterfly Mascara first, and voila....you're done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment