I have heard about the benefits of ACV for years, but just recently decided to try it. ACV is made in a two step process. First, crushed apples, or apple cider, is fermented and turned into alcohol. Then, bacteria is added to the alcohol, which further ferments it, turning it into acetic acid. The main compound in vinegar. ACV has so many health and beauty benefits, but is also great for all natural cleaning and deodorizing. Here are 9 reason to start using ACV today!
1. Natural Cleanse/Detox - This is why I started using ACV. I have had problems with this my entire life. I was tired of senna, stool softeners, and laxatives, all which only work temporarily if at all. For three weeks now, I have taken one tablespoon in a glass of water twice a day. During this time, I have not taken a single senna, stool softener, or laxative. I am so happy this has worked for me, because I have never found anything that works as well.
2. To Regulate The PH Balance To Your Skin - Dilute ACV with two parts water and apply over your face with a cotton ball. This will take the place of your toner. You can use this in the morning and evening after cleansing your skin. Apply a small amount overnight to help fade dark spots.
3. It Helps To Balance Your Entire System - Our bodies are always trying to achieve balance. ACV helps the body to achieve a healthy alkaline PH balance. Research show the the lower your PH balance the more likely you are to feel fatigued, and get infections.
4. Improves Your Lymphatic System - ACV helps to breakup mucous and cleanse the lymph nodes. Research has shown that it can actually improve allergy sufferers, because of it's ability to break up mucous and help combat sinus infections, sore throats, and headaches.
5. Aid In Weight Loss - Drink two teaspoons in 16 oz. of water, and sip throughout the day. Research shows that in 12 weeks, subjects saw significant declines in weight, abdominal fat, and triglycerides.
6. Whitens Teeth - Rub ACV on your teeth and rinse with water.
7. Soothes Sunburns - Add one cup to your bath and soak for ten minutes.
8. Room Freshener And Cleaner - Mix 1/2 cup of ACV with one cup of water, and use this solution to clean kitchen surfaces, microwaves, windows, and glass. To refresh your toilet, pour ACV into the toilet and allow to sit overnight. It can also be used as a substitute for dishwasher detergent. No more worrying about toxic fumes and chemicals in our cleaning products!
9. Keeps Your Hair Shiny And Full Of Body - Use ACV as a rinse after shampooing. Recycle a shampoo bottle and add 1/2 tablespoon with one cup of cold water. Use several times a week for great results!
When choosing an Apple Cider Vinegar look for one that is organic, raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized, and "with the mother". ACV is naturally gluten free. I have been using Bragg's ACV, but it can be hard to find. I got mine at Kroger, but not all of them carry it. Click Here to find retailers close to you. You can also purchase at braggs.com or amazon.com.