Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Recipe Of The Week - Mexican Salad/Dip

This is a new recipe for me.  I changed the original recipe a bit (I usually do), to make it more to my taste.  You can customize this to fit your own taste, and preferences.


Ingredients
(use as many organic foods as possible)

- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained

-  1 can (15 oz.) sweet corn, drained

-  6 stalks of green onion, chopped (I used my ninja chopper)

-  2 jalapeños, chopped (ninja chopper)

-  2 Tablespoons garlic, minced

-  2 Roma Tomaoes, diced

-  1 teaspoon parsley, minced

-  2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced (ninja chopper)

-  1 Avocado, diced

-  4 - 5 sweet small sweet peppers, chopped

-  1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

-  1/4 cup red wine vinegar

-  1 teaspoon cumin

-  1 teaspoon salt

Mix the first nine ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  In a small bowl, mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin, and salt.  Pour dressing over salad.  Serve cold.

You can serve this as a salad side dish or as a dip eaten with organic blue chips.  This is very tasty and healthy.  I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment