Friday, December 27, 2013

Review - Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

Of course, the launch of a new Urban Decay Naked Palette is always a big deal, but I have to admit, whether it's music, movies, television, makeup, etc.....I'm never one to jump on the bandwagon for something that is so hyped up.  I'm the opposite actually, I want nothing to do with it.  So, this is actually my VERY FIRST Naked Palette I have bought or used.  With the first Naked, I thought - I have so many colors similar to that palette, so I don't need it.  Naked 2, I wasn't interested in those colors.  Naked 3 has a completely different look.  It is in no way similar to the first two.  This palette has shades of neutral rose gold colors.  With the first half, the colors are lighter and softer.  The second half has much deeper shades.  With all these colors, the possible looks you can create are endless!  Here are 3 looks that I have created in the past few weeks.





Here are swatches of all the colors.  12 shades in all.  The finishes include matte, satin, shimmer, and glitter.


Some have more pigmentation than others, but most are quite good.  You have a good variety depending on whether you want a soft day look, a really smokey night out look, or somewhere in between.  Another thing I want to mention, I have a warm undertone to my skin.  Pink or Rose shades are a cool undertone, and I think these work on my skin just fine.  I like the look and don't find that I look washed out.  

The creamy, blendable, long lasting formula of these shadows is very good.  You can definitely tell that they are of high quality.  I own a lot more drugstore makeup than high end, but I do think this palette is worth the $52 price tag.  I bought this at Sephora, with my $15 beauty insider coupon they sent, so it actually ended up being $37.  I love this formula so much, that now I actually want the first naked palette.  With the warm bronzy colors, I think it will be great for my warm skin tone.  

If you have been on the fence about this palette, I hope this review helps!

-XOXO Monique


2 comments:

  1. you did such an awesome job with the looks! btw - you're so pretty :)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Vicky!! Glad you liked what I came up with :)

    ReplyDelete