Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review - L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation



I have always wanted to try this foundation.  I like all finishes, depending on my mood and look I'm going for.  Although I typically wear a satin to matte foundation, I do so because I usually  have very oily skin.  A luminous finish would just make me look like a big oil spot!  Now that it is winter, my skin has become quite normal, so it was the perfect time for me to try this foundation.


This is a very comfortable and lightweight formula.  You don't feel like you have makeup on your skin.  It gives a light to medium buildable coverage.  I did put on two layers, and applied it with my Sigma F 80 brush.  It blended easily into my skin, giving it a natural look. One of my favorite things about this foundation is the bottle.  It has a high end look, and a pump, so no mess when applying.   I did not use a primer, but I did powder my face to set it.  Even with powder, it still had the luminous finish.



I put this foundation to the test, wearing it on days that I was doing my typical stay at home wife & mommy duties.  I was cooking, cleaning, running errands, and working out.  It had good staying power, but after 6 hours my t zone started to get a little too shiny for my taste.  I just blotted with a blotting tissue.  The foundation did not break down, and I did not notice any oxidizing.  I don't know what it is about my skin, but even without a primer or setting spray, my makeup always seems to hold up well throughout the day.  Others have noticed this as well.  I think I am maybe more conscious about not touching or rubbing my face.  Anyways, I was happy with this foundation, and think it is a great everyday makeup.  It does not claim to be long wearing, like a Revlon Color Stay.  It says it has 8 hours of coverage, and an SPF 20.  I would definitely repurchase this, and will enjoy it while my skin is "normal".  If you want a lightweight, light to medium coverage, dewy finish foundation, and have dry to normal skin, I think you would be happy with the True Match Lumi.  If you are oily, I would definitely pass on it.



L'Oreal has an entire True Match line....foundation, concealer, powder, and blush.  They come in cool, warm, and neutral skin tones, ranging from light to dark.  I bought w6, and it matched very well.  Once you determine your color, you then know which colors in the other products coordinate with your specific shade.  There are 15 colors in all.  With antioxidants, vitamin c and vitamin e, True Match Lumi claims to improve your skin's condition within one month.  It is safe for sensitive skin, which I have and have had no issues.  It retails for around $12.95.  You can find L'Oreal at your local discount, drug or grocery store.  If you have been curious about this foundation, I hope this review helped.  Have a great week everyone!!

-XOXO Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment