Saturday, June 7, 2014

Recipe Of The Week - Taco Salad

I haven't made this in a long time, but I have been craving it again.  My family loved this dish last time I made it.  It is super easy, but doesn't keep as well, so only make what you can eat at one sitting.



Ingredients

-  1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef

-  3 cups shredded cheddar

-  1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained

-  2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped

-  1 large onion

-  half a head of iceberg lettuce & 1 bunch of romaine

-  1 pkg. (12 oz.) corn chips or organic blue chips

-  1 bottle light catalina dressing

In a large skillet, cook ground beef, drain.  Transfer to a large serving bowl.

Add the cheese, beans, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, blue chips/corn chips, and dressing.

*note - I do not use an entire bag of chips or entire bottle of dressing.  I use sparingly.  Make according to your own taste, and preference.  I love hot and spicy foods, so I also add some sriracha sauce to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment