Thursday, September 3, 2015

How I Organize & Prep For My Day!

I HATE to be rushed and unprepared.  It gives me so much stress and anxiety, and I am all about making my life as happy and as simple as possible.  If I am rushing and can't find my makeup, clothes, etc, you are not going to want to be around me for that day.  So, to keep away my crazy and make my life more harmonious, this is what I do.

Makeup Storage - I have a lot of makeup.  I don't have enough space in my bedroom to keep it all together, but I do have a system.  My daily makeup, and products that I have to have are kept in my vanity drawer for easy access.  This drawer pretty much stays the same except for the blushes and foundations.  I rotate blushes seasonally, and go between foundations regularly.

On my bookshelf, I keep my eyeshadow palettes, blushes that I will be using during the season, lipsticks for the season, lip glosses for the season, my L'Oreal Infallible single shadows, Maybelline Color Tattoos, and seasonal perfumes.



In my bathroom, I have a storage shelving unit that I got a long time ago at Big Lots.  This is where I keep my makeup that I won't wear during the season along with extra makeup that I have that I don't wear daily, back ups of holy grail products, and eye lashes.  I keep the top drawer for most of my hair accessories.



This system works for me, and have each drawer or storage container dedicated to particular items.  I am currently in the process of putting all my products on my snupps app, which is a catalog of whatever you choose.  This way I will know what I have and exactly what colors, so I won't buy duplicates of anything or if I run out of something, I will have my color cataloged so I can look it up while I am out.  Snupps is social as well so you can follow others and see their collections.  If you would like to follow me. I am urbanchick77.

Skin Care Storage - I have a lot of skin care that I cycle through. A lot of it I buy when it is on sale or when I have a coupon.  My extras are kept in a white storage cabinet in my bathroom and under my sink.  What I use daily, is kept in a container on a shelf in my bathroom.  I keep my am and pm skincare all together.  All I do is pull down my container, and everything is together for easy access.

Closet Organization - My closet......It is a walk-in with only my clothes in it, but it isn't big enough.  So I rotate my clothes seasonally like I do my makeup.  I keep winter/fall together and spring/summer together.  I also do this with my shoes and handbags.  My off season clothes are kept in 2 standing closets in my basement along with shoes.  It takes a few hours to completely switch everything over, but it helps keep me organized and makes getting ready so much easier.  I have been shopping for some new pieces for fall.  I have these new pieces along with a few of my favorites together and ironed, ready for me to wear.  In Ohio, the seasons can change rather abruptly, so I like to be prepared and have some things ready so I'm not scrambling at the last minute trying to run downstairs, because everything hasn't been switched over.


Laying Out My Clothes, Accessories, & Essentials - Every night, whether I am going to stay home most of the day or if I am going out on a date with my husband, I lay my clothes out.  I like waking up knowing that everything is taken care of and I can have a relaxing, stress free morning.  If I am wearing accessories and makeup, I lay all of that out also.  I also lay out my shoes, and switch out my handbag if need be.  I also lay out my son and husband's clothes, iron them if need be, and pack their lunches.

Iron When Possible - If I have an extra half hour or am watching TV or Youtube, I will sit and iron.  If I watch TV, I feel like I am wasting time, so why not kill two birds with one stone??  If my husband's clothes are ironed, I will move on to my favorite items that I know I wear regularly.

Sharpen Makeup Pencils - This only takes a few minutes to do every few weeks, but it really makes a difference.  I hate when I am doing my makeup and I have to stop , retrieve my sharpener, sharpen, and throw away the shavings.  It just messes up my groove, so while I have a few minutes, I go through and sharpen all my eye and lip liners.


Brush & Sponge Cleanings - I have 2 Real Techniques beauty sponges that I can rotate between, but at the end of the day, I do wash whichever one is dirty.  I wipe off all my brushes after every use, and wash them after a week of use.

Vitamins & Supplements - On Sundays, I refill my vitamins.  I take several supplements, so I keep them in a pill box that marks each day of the week.  I didn't always do this.  I used to pull down my big box full of vitamins and get each one out everyday, which took too much time, and I would be more likely to forget to take them.  I usually take them right after breakfast, so I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.


So, this is my routine and what I like to do to make my life easier.  Does it take time....yes, it does, because I also do my skincare and allergy homeopathic treatments at night, but it keeps me organized, less stressed, and gets me out the door as quickly as possible.  I actually enjoy the whole process now.  It's kind of my time to take care of myself, destress from the day, and it prepares my mind to slow down and rest.  You may not want to incorporate all of the things I do, but incorporating just one or two will make your mornings easier, and who doesn't want that?!?!

If you have any routines or suggestions, please leave them below!


No comments:

Post a Comment