Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nails Of The Week - Sally Hansen Nail Affect - Application & Review





Sally Hansen Salon Affects - Gold Cabaret

This was my first time using these nails strips.  These are not the full size ones, they are the mani's, which come with two different stickers.  The first sticker is the half moon shape for the tip.  I was a little confused by this at first, because they were long strips with two different sections of the glitter.  Come to find out, they split in two.  So, you have one for that finger on each hand.

So, before you start, make sure you have removed all your old polish,  File and buff, if needed. I also like to push my cuticles back.   Then go back and do one more swipe on each nail to make sure there is no nail filings or debris on them.  Lay all your nail stickers out in front of you.  You will have to figure out which size you need for each nail.  Then, apply the half moon sticker where you would like it, smooth it out along the nail, and fold it around the end of the nail.  Next, use a file to lightly file away the excess sticker, and it will easily pull off.

After applying all the tips, you will have a full size clear strip, for each nail.  Choose the size that best fits your nail.  When applying, make sure you get as close to the cuticle as possible.  Then, smooth the strip out across the entire nail.  They provide a manicure stick to help you do this.  I did use it, and find it helpful.  Next, you wrap the excess strip around the end of the nail, and lightly file it off. The clear coat gives a nice shine to the nail, and makes the glitter tips really sparkle.

The kit comes with all the strips, file, mani stick, and instructions.  I did nail strips/stickers for the first time in July or August.  I was a little late to the game, because I wasn't sure I could do it.  If you haven't done it before, it will definitely take some getting used to.  These Sally Hansen strips I really like, and I will definitely use them again.  I think they give a professional look, with a fraction of the price of a mani at a salon.  Plus, I have natural nails.  A french mani that isn't gel only lasts a few days on me before chipping.  I think it is  waste of time and money.

Now, I don't find these hard to use at all, but they are time consuming, as are all nail strips.  I wouldn't do these if you are impatient, pressed for time, or don't have a steady hand.  It just won't come out looking well.  It took me a full hour of doing mine.  I sat at my vanity on saturday, while everyone was doing their own thing, I had coffee, and listened to the news.  I found it relaxing, but I can see where these won't be for everyone.  My mom would never have the patience to do something like this.  If you think about it though, you will spend a lot more time (and money) going to the salon.  You have drive time, wait time, time to actually get them done, and then a drive back home.  That can take 2 hours out of your day easily!  I would definitely recommend them to someone who has been wanting to try them, provided you have the time and patience to learn the application.

You can find these at your local discount, drug, or grocery store.  They retail for $11.99.


No comments:

Post a Comment