Monday, July 13, 2015

June Beauty Favorites!



L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Foundation - Sun Beige:  I have been wearing this foundation for months, and it has quickly become one of my very favorites!  It has great medium to full buildable coverage, a natural finish, and lasts so long!  It doesn't move until I remove it.  It does not emphasize pores or imperfections on the skin.  I haven't found this at all drug and discount stores, but I always see it at Kroger.  It retails for around $13 or $14, which is pricy for the drugstore (all drugstore prices have been steadily increasing), but honestly I would pay $30 for it if I had to.  It has a pump, which I always appreciate.  The only draw back that I see is with the shade range.  I have sun beige, which from the displays I have seen is their second darkest color.  I am a medium tan, so if you are much darker than me, you probably won't find your shade.

NYX High Definition Blush - Hamptons:  I bought this blush awhile back on ultra's website, but it took me awhile to try it, because I was trying out some other blushes.  This is such a gorgeous pinky-peach shade.  It really brightens and brings life to my face.  I have been pairing it with my Sephora Sun Disk Bronzer, which looks great together.  NYX offers several colors to choose from.  I have not seen these in the drug or discount stores that carry NYX.


Rimmel Stay Glossy - 150 Claridge's Ruby:  These lip glosses have been in the drugstore for a long time, but I don't hear many people mention them.  I am more of a lipstick girl than a gloss girl, but this formula is really nice.  It is long wearing for a gloss, but not sticky.  They also have great color pigmentation and beautiful colors.  They are great on their own or over a lipstick.  I have been wearing mine over Wet N Wild's Think Pink during the month.


Wet N Wild Lipstick - Think Pink:  I've been wearing this lipstick for years, and it is one of my favorite pinks that I own.  It is not too cool or too warm of a shade.  I steer clear of cool toned, barbie pinks, because they just don't look good on my warm skin tone.  Wet N Wild has a great shade range with an even better price.  These are usually $1.99 not on sale.  Many times I can find them for buy one get one 50% off.  This formula is longer wearing, but it is on the drier side, which is why I usually wear a gloss over them.  I am not a fan of the packaging, because the lipstick doesn't go all the way down in the tube, which can leave a mess, but for a long wearing lipstick that is such a pretty color, I'll overlook it!



Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner - East End Snob:  I have mentioned these lipliners many times, because they are my favorite.  They are creamy and long wearing, plus their is no need to sharpen.  East End Snob is one of my favorite colors, because it is a neutral medium pink that goes with so many pink lipsticks that I own.  It is one of those staples in my collection that I will always repurchase.



*Think Pink topped with Stay Glossy.  Just below is Rimmel Lipliner in East End Snob.  I love this combo!

Vinylux Nail Polish - My hair stylist told me about this at home gel manicure, and surprised me with the polishes and top coat during one of my appointments!  I had never heard of this brand, and was so excited to try it.  My first manicure lasted almost 2 weeks!  If you would like to see my full review, Click Here!


Velcro Rollers  (size extra large & large) - I had never used velcro rollers until my hair got longer.  They are such a time saver!! I section my hair and blow dry.  When I get part of the section completely dry with my round brush, I immediately wrap it around the roller and let it cool while I move on to the rest of my hair.  Once my hair is all rolled, I usually get dressed, put on my jewelry, contacts, shoes, and pick up my vanity and bathroom from the mess of getting ready.  This is usually 15-20 minutes.  Then, I unroll my hair, finger comb it into place and spray!  It is so easy, and leaves my hair full of volume with a slight wave to it.  I use the bigger rollers first, rolling the bottom section of my hair, and use the smaller rollers not he top section, which you will see the most.  The smaller rollers give more of a curl and a bit more volume to the top section.  I roll everything under, except for my crown and bangs.  Those sections I roll back (away from my face).  I found my rollers at Sally's.  A pack was only 3 or 4 dollars.


*This is what my hair looks like when using the velcro rollers.  I am also wearing the NYX blush in Hamptons and the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Foundation.

It Cosmetics Eye Brow Pencil - I think I received this product in my boxycharm box.  I have been using it a ton in June!  It is super easy to just quickly fill in and define the brows, giving them a natural look.  I wear this during the weekdays or on my more natural makeup days.  It has a great color that is not too red for me, and a nice spooly on the opposite side to comb through the brows.  This is my first It Cosmetics product that I have tried.  I have heard great things about them, and after trying the brow pencil, I can't wait to try more!  You can find It Cosmetics at Ulta.


No comments:

Post a Comment