I thought this would be a good recipe to try for St. Patrick's Day!
- 3 lbs. peeled Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Cabbage
- 3 - 6 Garlic Cloves, peeled, according to your taste preference
- 2 cups Fat Free, Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Fat Free or Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Skim or 2% Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1. Combine potatoes, cabbage, garlic cloves, and chicken broth kin slow cooker.
2. Cook on high 2 1/2 to 4 hours, or until vegetables are soft.
3. Drain. Add remaning ingredients and mash.
4. The potatoes are now ready to serve, or you may pour them back into the slow cooker, and set the cooker on low until ready to serve.
Per Serving - 160 calories, 0.5g of fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 31g total carbohydrates (4g fiber, 3g sugar), 7g protein