Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My September Favorites

I enjoyed many products this month.  I didn't purchase anything that I didn't like, but these are the products that I used the most in September and why.....

Batiste Dry Shampoo - For Brunettes
I love this dry shampoo!  So much so, that even when my hair is clean, sometimes I use it for the volume.  It has a nice smell, and doesn't give that white cast to my hair.  I can prolong my wash for several day.  I try to not wash my hair more than 3 times a week at most.  I spray it at the roots, let it sit for a minute or two, then I rub it at the scalp.  The only thing you have to be careful with is your hands after using it (if you use the one for brunettes).  The shampoo has a brown tint, so wash your hands afterwards.  You will even see the brown come out in the shower, when shampooing.  They have a good selection to choose from.  You can purchase at Walgreens, Ulta, some Kroger, and from time to time, I've seen it at TJ Maxx.  They retail for around $8.


Trend Tips Nail Lacquer Sephora By O.P.I
Another product that I'm loving!  I'm so happy I found these.  The first application was tricky.  By the time I did my second application, I had cut my time in half.  It takes some getting used to, but they are beautiful and last for 2 weeks!  They never chipped.  I removed them because I had so much grow out. These are also easy to remove.  Just use regular polish remover.  You can buy these at Sephora.  They retail for $12.



Cover Girl Clean Whipped Creme Makeup
I have been using this foundation for a few weeks.  I have others, but have only grabbed this one.  That says a lot!  It has medium to full coverage with a satin to matte finish.  It is very light weight and long wearing.  Cover Girl did a great job on this one!  It retails for $10 - $12.


MAC Quad - Mystery, Satin Taupe, Soft Brown, and Creme Brûlée
If you aren't familiar with MAC products, this is how it works.  When it comes to eye shadows, except for a few collections that they do throughout the year, you pick your own colors to put in a quad compact or larger compact.  You can get them as singles in a case if you like, as well.  I chose these colors because I just wanted a neutral everyday palette, that I could create many different looks with.  That's exactly what it does, which is why I used it so much.  You can try on your colors before purchasing, which is nice, and the sales associates are usually quite knowledgeable on their products.


Milani Color Statement Lipstick - Nude Creme
This is a great year round lipstick.  I don't like all nudes, and a lot of lipsticks that claim to be nude really aren't.  This one isn't too pink or too brown.  It doesn't wash you out or make you look dead.  I grabbed it so much this month.  I have liked every lipstick that I have tried from this line.  They retail for $5.50.



Live Love Dew Sheer Dew Face Cream, Intense Dew Face Cream & Hydrodew Eye Cream.
I have used these every single day and night since I got them.  I love them!  They feel so good on the skin.  I actually take my makeup off earlier, just so I can put these on!  I use the sheer dew in the morning, under my makeup, along with the Hydrodew Eye Cream.  I use the Intense Dew and Hydrodew Eye Cream after my nightly skin care routine.  They can be purchased at livelovedew.com.  They retail for $15 a piece.  I did a full review on these at http://yourbeautyplace.blogspot.com/2013/09/review-live-love-dew-hydrodew-eye-cream.html and http://yourbeautyplace.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-live-love-dew-whole-natural-skin.html   






Nivea Lip Butter - Raspberry Rose Kiss
My lips tend to get dry pretty easily.  I wanted a moisturizing balm that wasn't waxy like a chapstick.  I really like the moisturizer that this lip butter provides.  I have been using it every night before bed, and under my lipstick.  It makes my lips feel and look so much better.  These retail for $2.99.


No comments:

Post a Comment