Since my previous recipe was a drink, I wanted to put a dinner recipe up as well.
- 1 1/2 lbs. fat free ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups meat fee, low sodium spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups low fat ricotta
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (part skim), divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni
1. Brown ground turkey in a nonstick skillet
2. Add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms, mix with meat.
3. Pour half of turkey mixture into crockpot, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and italian seasoning
5. Lay half of turkey pepperoni slices on top of mixture.
6. Spread half of cheese mixture over pepperoni
7. Repeat layers, finishing by sprinkling the remaining mozzarella on top.
8. Cover. Cook on low for 4 - 4 1/2 hours.
*Per Serving - 480 calories, 15g total fat, 2070 mg sodium, 19g total carbs (2g fiber, 8g sugar), 67g protein.