Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review - December Ipsy Bag




1.  Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio - Smokin Hot - This is the look I put together using all 3 of these shadows.  They are all shimmery.  I typically would not do that, but I wanted to use all the colors in the palette.  I liked these shadows.  They were nice, and blended well.  I liked this look.  Definitely more of a going out or holiday look.  I wore it on Christmas Eve.  They lasted a long time also.  Pop Beauty can be found at Ulta.


2.  Andrea Strip Lashes - 33 - I am wearing these lashes in the above picture.  They were very full, pretty, comfortable, and easy to apply.  I find these very similar to the Ardell brand that I typically wear.  I would definitely buy more of these.  You can purchase these at Walgreens and Ulta.

3.  Julie G Textured Nail Color - Sugar Plum Fairy -  If you like glitter polish, then you will definitely like this one!  I used it as my accent nail for this Nails Of The Week post.  Unlike some glitter polish, where the color is clear and all you see is glitter, this is a polish that has an opaque color with glitter.  It is very pretty.  The bottle says not to use a top coat over it.  I'm assuming it would take away all or most of the sparkle. It really does sparkle in the light.  Unlike most glitter polishes, this was quite easy to remove, but had great staying power.  Julie G is made by Jessie's Girl, and they can be found at Rite-Aid.  I would definitely buy more of these!



4.  Be A Bombshell The One Stick - Flustered - I was a little unsure about this product.  I usually am when it comes to duo purpose products.  I find that they are usually good at one thing, but not the other.  Not true in this case!  I don't use many cream blushes, and this color is pretty intense.  I dabbed small dots from the apples of my cheeks and along my cheekbones (lightly), and then blended it in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.  It came out looking so natural!  Like I had been outside in the cold, and my cheeks naturally became this color.  I also applied it to my lips.  It had great pigmentation, and the moisturizing feeling of a balm.  I work this on a day when I was running a bunch of errands around town.  I only wore this product, foundation, and concealer.  You could also wear this with a completely made up face.  Very comfortable and versatile.  The cheeks did not feel sticky or greasy at all.  I would purchase more of these.  You can purchase these at www.beabombshellcosmetics.com

5.  NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick - B52 - I am wearing this lipstick in the pic below.  This is not my first NYX lipstick, but it is the first of this kind.  NYX makes such great products, especially for the price!  They have drugstore prices, but most of their products have a higher than drugstore quality.  This is a great color that is neutral enough that it can be worn everyday, but it isn't so neural that it has no color.  It was very comfortable on the lips also.  If you want to see how I created the entire look below, Click Here!


I was very happy with this month's Ipsy Bag!  I loved the black bag also!  If you have been on the fence about this beauty subscription, what are you waiting for?!!  It's only $10 a month, no contract, cancel anytime.  You will receive 4 - 5 products a month, delivered right to your door!  You will also get discount codes for the makeup brands that Ipsy features that month. I look forward to mine every month, and my friends do too!  If you would like to sign up, go to http://www.ipsy.com/r/1iz6

No comments:

Post a Comment