Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review - L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Out Butterfly Mascara


The Butterfly Mascara claims to stretch and extend your lashes like wings, extending the outer corners.  It comes in 3 colors....black, black brown, and blackest black.  It retails for around $8.99.


The mascara has a rubber wand, with a unique design.  You can see that the bristles start small and get bigger towards the bottom of the wand, which also flares out.  This is designed to give extra length at the end of the lash line.  



My lashes without any mascara.



After using the Butterfly Mascara.  I have 3 coats on the top lashes, and one coat on the bottom.  I had plenty of length and volume after 2 coats, but wanted to see if it would clump.  It did not.  The design of the wand really allows you to coat the hard to reach lashes at your inner corner, while the flare at the end does not get in your way or lead to messiness.  I used the back side of the wand on my lower lashes.  I did not curl my lashes, and this mascara did not weigh them down or flatten them out.  They kept their shape all day.  

I was very happy with the look this mascara gave.  I initially didn't expect too much (I don't buy into the hype), but I was pleasantly surprised.  I would definitely repurchase this, and I look forward to wearing it again.  The staying power is great as well.  I wore this on a typical day of cleaning, cooking, running errands, and working out.  It did not run or flake, yet it was easy to remove with my regular makeup cleanser.  I wore it for 12 hours, without any problems.  It looked the same all day.  If you are in the market for a new mascara, I would definitely recommend this one!  I have come to realize that L'Oreal consistently makes great mascaras.....definitely worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment