Monday, January 27, 2014

Review - Maybelline Elixir Lip Gloss


I really wanted to try this new lipgloss from Maybelline.  I am a lipgloss/lipstick junkie!  I probably have more eye shadows and lip products than anything else.  With that in mind, let me tell you the specifics on this product.  Maybelline says that they have the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss.  There are 20 shades in total, and the MSRP is $8.99.


From the look of these and the description, I thought that the color would be more opaque.  It was on the sheer side.  I prefer an opaque gloss to a sheer one.  There was a good amount of shine to the gloss, but the formula is so thick and heavy feeling on the lips!  That's an annoyance for me, and makes me want to just wipe it off.  The gloss does have a perfumed scent, but doesn't seem overwhelming.  Almost immediately after putting it on, I got this horrible perfume taste in my mouth.  It only went away if I would remove the lipgloss from my lips.  I don't recall ever having such a strong taste in my mouth from a lip product.  I have worn this 4 times, so plenty of testing it out.  I forced myself to wear it one of the days longer than I wanted just to test out the staying power.  It lasted 2 - 3 hours without reapplying.  The packaging is small, and easy to throw in your bag when leaving.  I do like the applicator.  It has a pointed tip that helps with precise application.


They have pretty colors to choose from, but obviously this lipgloss isn't for me.  Even if some of the other colors are more opaque, I can't get past the taste or heavy feeling.  I hope everyone has a great week!

-XOXO Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment