Thursday, September 26, 2013

September Purchases & Review

I have to say, this was a pretty good month of purchases.  I tried a lot of new things, and really liked most of them.

-  Nivea Lip Butter - Raspberry Rose Kiss
I really like this lip butter!  It is super moisturizing, but not greasy.  I use this every night before bed, and under my lipsticks.  It gives a hint of color.



-  E.L.F. Baked Shadow - Bark and Burnt Plum
I first bought one of these a few months back.  I loved it so much, that I had to go back for more.  These are very pigmented and blend well as a shadow or  you can wet it to make the color even deeper.  These are also great as an eyeliner.  They are only $3.  You can buy them at Target and Meijer.


-  Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick - Think Pink, Dollhouse Pink, and Bare It All
These are great matte lipsticks!  The colors are very pigmented, yet aren't drying.  I have liked all of the colors I have bought, and they are long lasting.  A great product, especially for $1.99.  I will definitely be purchasing more.


-  Wet N Wild Fergie Center Stage Collection Eye Shadow Quad - A029 Desert Festival
Great fall palette.  I posted a look using this palette only.  Like all Wet N Wild shadows, these are very pigmented and blend out easily.  These are high end quality, at a low end price.  They do have several other palettes, some of which are limited edition, though I have not tried any others.  Below is the look I created with this palette.



-  Maybelline Eye Studio Eye Shadow Quad - Mad For Mauve and Legendary Lilac
These palettes have been out for a long time, I'm not sure why I never picked one up until now.  They have many different palettes, so everyone is sure to find something they like.  These shadows are nicely pigmented, creamy (for a powder), and blend out well.  These shadows are shimmery, no mattes.  Below is the look I created with the Lilac Palette.



-  Jordana 12 Hour Made To Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil - 06 Jade Jewel. 01 Black Point, 02 Espresso Last
These are a newer Jordana product, and they are great!  If you are a regular reader of the blog, you know I love my Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Liner.  These are a great dupe for them, and they are a few dollars cheaper.  They glide on with a creamy texture.  Very pigmented and long lasting.  They will stay put even in your waterline.  I will definitely buy more colors.  You can find these at Walgreens.


-  Cover Girl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation -342
I had heard great things about this foundation, so when I ran out of my Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation, I thought I would try it.  I really like it!  It has great coverage with a satin to matte finish.  It is lightweight, and very comfortable on the skin.  Great staying power as well!  Cover Girl products are very hit and miss for me, but this one is definitely a hit!  I wore this all month in all of the looks I posted.  There are 10 shades to choose from.  I will definitely buy this again.




-  Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Nude
I heard good things about this product, so I tried it out.  I wasn't in love.  It's ok.  Nothing wrong with it.  It does brighten up the under eye area, but not nearly as well as the Maybelline Dark Spot Eraser in Brightener.  I will use it until it is gone, but I don't see myself repurchasing it.


-  Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm - 260
I hadn't heard of this product or heard anyone talk about it.  I had a coupon, so I decided to try it out.  I really liked it.  There are similar products, such as the Revlon Bitten and Jordana Twist & Shine.  These are very comfortable and hydrating on the lips.  They have a good selection of colors, 16 in total.  I would purchase more of these.


-  Sephora Precision Smudge Brush #29 - I had been looking for a pencil brush for the longest time, and every time I was out, they were either sold out or really expensive.  I do like this one.  I use it to smudge my liner or shadow on my lash line.  I also use to on the outer v to deepen the color before blending it out.  It is good for concentrating the color in a particular area.  I also use it sometimes for a cut crease.  I don't have a pencil brush to compare it to, because this is my first.  It was pricey at $18.  I would have tried a cheaper alternative, had I been able to find one.


-  M.A.C Quad - Mystery, Satin Taupe, Soft Brown, Brûlée
This is my first MAC quad.  I just wanted an everyday palette of neutrals, that I could use for many looks.  It has turned out to be just that!  Great colors that blend out easily.  They would flatter any skin or eye color.  If I had to choose just one, I would go with the Soft Brown.  I love this color as a crease/transition color.  Very Versatile.


-  Trend Tips Real Lacquer Strips Sephora by O.P.I. - Snake Sparkle, Pink and Black Lace, and Gray Lace
This is my first time using any sort of nail strip.  They weren't the easiest to apply, but once I got used to it, it went much faster.  I really like the designs that I got.  They say they last for 10 days.  I have now had mine on for 11 days, and still NO CHIPS!!  I definitely see these lasting for 14 days.  When you try these, make sure you have plenty of time to apply.  They do take some time.  Make sure you do not pull on the strip when you are bending it around the tip.  It will mess up the design.  I simply bent the strip around the tip, and went back and forth over it with my finger.  I then lightly used a file to remove it.  Make sure you follow the directions.  These are so great and long lasting, that I don't know if I will want to use polish for awhile.


-  Sally Hansen Salon Effects - 360 Laced Up
Because my trendy tips have lasted so long, I haven't tried these.  I will post my review when I do these for my nails of the week.


-  L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Lingerie - Chateau You Go
I haven't been able to use these yet, for the same reason.  Will post review with nails of the week


-  Ardell Lashes - 105 Black
Great Lashes!  I love these!  They have a natural, yet dramatic look.  I wore these in two posts.  The cat eye & Berry Lip look, as well as the smokey eye & nude lip look.  I will definitely purchase more of these.



-  Cover Girl Cheekers - 170 Golden Pink
I have bought these before, but I don't think it has been since high school.  I wanted a deeper fall shade, to go with some of my new palettes.  This is a very pretty color, that is universally flattering.  I have been wearing it a lot, because it looks good with everything.  Great blush at a great price, and nice selection of colors.


-  Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss - 540 Timeless Allure
Looking for a fall lipgloss, I picked up one of the new Rimmel glosses.  These are glossy, not sticky, and long lasting.  They also have a great selection of colors, 18 in total.  I really love this color.  Perfect for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment