Monday, September 30, 2013

September Ipsy Bag & Review


My September Products

John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
It's So BIG Mascara - Black
NYX Eye Shadow - Sparkling White
Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil - Obsidian

John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
This was the first time that I ever used this product.  Let me say, that I have been using Wen for a year and love it!  If I had to give up a beauty product, Wen would be the last to go.  My hair has never been healthier or more manageable.  I washed my hair twice with the shampoo, and then let the conditioner sit on for the duration of my shower.  Was my hair clean?  Of Course, but it did not seem conditioned or repaired in any way.  When I combed out my hair, it was so tangled.  I know that hair is most fragile when it is wet, so I wasn't happy trying to get knots out.  When styling, my hair didn't have the volume or manageablility that it usually does.  There may be some people who enjoy this product, but compared to my Wen, it's very bad.

It's So BIG Mascara
Another product that I had never used.  I really don't like using these small sample mascaras because the wand is small and hard to hold, at least for me.  This formula was a little too wet for my taste initially, but after a few weeks, it dried out and I liked it much better.  It did lengthen and add some volume, but nothing extraordinary or impressive.  I found it to be a regular mascara, not good or bad.  It's okay.  It doesn't compare to my favorite drugstore mascaras.  I may use this from time to time, just to use it up, but I won't purchase this.

NYX Eye Shadow - Sparkling White
I like the NYX brand.  I think they have great products for a great price.  This shadow is good as well.  The color is good, but I wish it was a matte instead of a shimmer.  White or very light colors, I use on my brow bone and inner corner.  I don't like shimmer on my brow bone, only matte, so I can only use this on my lid or inner corner.  This color isn't super shimmery, but it does have some sparkle.  I wouldn't choose this color, but I like the shadow.  I would definitely purchase these in other colors.  You can find NYX at Ulta, and recently some Target stores have started carrying them.

Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil - Obsidian
I have used Starlooks before, but I have a lip liner.  I got that in an Ipsy Bag, as well.  I have to say, I like the lip liner better.  This is a good enough black liner, but nothing special.  It isn't waterproof or long wearing.  I like Jordana 24 hour liners and Rimmel Scandaleyes much better.  I would not purchase this product.

I like the look of the Ipsy Bag itself this month, but I have to say, I was a little disappointed with most of my products.  I am always so happy with it, but this month was a bit of a let down.  Three of my friends got their first Ipsy Bag this month, because of my suggestion.  So, I wish this month would have been better.  I'm not sure how they feel about the products they received, but all of my previous bags were much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment