Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Recipe Of The Week - Creamy Italian Chicken

Creamy Italian Chicken

I thought that some of you may appreciate a weekly, healthy recipe to make for your family.  I know I run out of ideas myself.  So, my first recipe is going to be one of my very favorites.  I love cooking with a crockpot because it is so easy.  Plus, my husband loves anything in a crockpot or a casserole type dish.  My mom loves everything I cook, but this is one of her very favorites.  I make it for her on her birthday, and it couldn't be easier.  

Ingredients
1 - 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cans cream of mushroom soup 99% fat free
2 cups of water
2 packages of low fat cream cheese
2 dry packets of Italian dressing
noodles or rice

* I make a double batch of the gravy, because we love it.  You can use one of each ingredient, if you like.

Put chicken breast, 2 cups of water, and both dressing packets in crock.  Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours.  At the last hour, combine the rest of the ingredients, and pour over chicken.  Mix all together.  Pour chicken and gravy over your choice of noodles or rice.  100% whole wheat, brown rice or long grain rice will be your healthiest options.

If you end up trying this recipe, let me know how it turns out, and if your family likes it.  Hope everyone is having a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment