Saturday, September 14, 2013

Neutral Eye & Lip



I'm opposite of most people.  I don't typically use many neutral colors.  For some reason, I felt like it today, and liked it so much that I went to M.A.C and put together a neutral quad (I've never done that before).  Until today, I only had one single M.A.C. eye shadow.  I spent the morning out with my family, and then met a girlfriend for lunch and shopping.  This is the kind of look that is seasonless, and works on everyone.  This may be a lot for some of you for a day look, but you can always use a few less colors, or make them a little lighter.  You could just line the upper lash line, as well.  Customize it to your taste.  I also used a new foundation today.  I'll review it at the end of the month for my monthly purchase and review post.  I like to test foundation several times before reviewing it anyways.  So, here are all the products I used:

Face
Cover Girl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation 
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind - Neutralizer
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer - Sunny
NYX Blush - Amber
Wet N Wild Coloricon - Reserve Your Cabana
Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner - Addiction - 018
Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick - Bare It All 902c


Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded
L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow - Endless Pear 899
L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow - Continuous Cocoa 891
L'Oreal Eye Shadow Single - Smooth Latte 812
Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Mink 750
Sigma Highlighting Pencil - Matte
Jordana 12 Hour Made To Last Liquid Eye Liner Pencil - Espresso Last 02
Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara - Black
It's So BIG Mascara - Black

All of my eye shadows were singles.  If you don't have or want to buy these exact colors, use what you have.  You will need a light cream colored shadow.  Mine is a satin finish, a matte neutral mid toned brown, a mid toned shimmer brown, and a dark matte brown.  You may even have a palette that has these colors.  I did use quite a few colors, and layered them, but that is what will give the eyes dimension and warmth.  

First, apply a base shade or primer.  I used the color tattoo.  I use these a lot.  Next, put the light cream (infallible shadow - pearl) color all over the lid and crease, but not the brow bone.  Take your mid tone matte color (L'Oreal single - smooth latte) in the crease all the way across to the inner corner.  Put your shimmery brown on the lid, from the center to the outer corner.  Use a flat brush, if you have it to pat on the color.  The inner corner of the lid should only have the light color.  Next, take your darkest shade (L'Oreal Infallible - Continuous Cocoa), and apply it to the outer v.  This would be the on the crease, from the outer corner to about a quarter of the way in.    Then take that down to the lash lines outer corner.  I used a very small definer brush for this, and then used a blending brush to blend the color out.  I use the small brush for more detailed application.  As always, blend out any harsh lines where the colors meet.  If you end up blending too much color out, just go back and apply a little more and then blend.  I usually have to do this on my lid.  I used my Sigma highlighting pencil on the brow bone.  I drew a line directly under my brow, starting at the arch and going down to the end.  I blended the pencil out with my ring finger, by just patting the color in.  I really enjoy this pencil a lot.  It has matte on one side, and shimmer on the other.  You could use a very light cream shadow here or a matte shadow.  I use those as well, but I do like this pencil better than anything else.  I used the liner on both the top and bottom lash line.  I also put it in my waterline.  This really defines the eye, and makes it more dramatic.  If you don't want to do that,  you can use a nude pencil there.  It will make the eyes appear more open and awake.  Rimmel Scandaleyes makes a great nude pencil.  If liner in the waterline bothers you, then just skip this step.  After the liner, I used a smudge brush to apply the darkest brown shadow over it.  This deepens the color, sets it, and gives a smokey look.  Just lightly tap the color on the liner and smudge out a bit.  Then, apply two of your favorite mascaras.  I did two or three coats of the It's So BIG Mascara, and a coat of the Cover Girl on the top lashes.  I did one coat on the bottom.  False lashes would also look great for this look on a night out.  This does take some time, so just give yourself a little extra.  It's worth it if you feel confident and beautiful, right?  Women should feel like that every day, in my opinion :)

I got to use several new products with this look, all that I will review at the end of the month.  I hope you try some new looks soon.  If you end up recreating any I have done, I would love to see a picture!  You can instagram it or send it to me via facebook or post it to the fan page.  If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.  You can leave them under the comments or on facebook.  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and taking the time to do something for themselves!


1 comment: