Monday, September 2, 2013

My Top Ten Drugstore Face Products

1.  Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation


I LOVE this foundation!  It has great medium to full coverage, with a satin to matte finish.  It is great for summer, because it can withstand the hottest of temperatures.  It has a mousse like texture, and a soft, silky finish on the face.  The staying power is incredible.  I apply mine with my Sigma F80  flat top kabuki, but you could also use a damp beauty blender.  I have yet to find a foundation that out performs this one.  It is available in 16 shades, and retails for $13.99.  It is a high end foundation, with a drugstore price!


2.  Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation


Another great foundation!  This one has great medium to full coverage with a satin to matte finish, as well.  It is a little lighter on the face than the whipped version. Fabulous staying power, that comes in two different formulas.  One for normal/dry skin, and one for combination/oily skin.  The dry skin version comes in 16 shades, while the oily version comes in 20.   It retails for $10 - $12.


3.   Revlon Photoready Concealer



This concealer has a creamy formula, with full coverage that is undetectable.  You don't have to worry about it caking or creasing, especially under the eyes.  It works great for redness, under eye circles, blemishes, and dark spots.  It is oil and fragrance free.  It retails for $9.99.



4.  Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder



Another Revlon product that I really enjoy.  You don't have to worry about a cakey feel or powdery look.  It is a light powder with a natural finish.  This is not a powder that provides extra coverage, just an airbrushed look.  Great for all skin types. There are 6 shades to choose from.  It retails for $9.99.


5.  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment + Concealer


These are an all time favorite!  I wish I would have tried them sooner.  I use the neutralizer and the brightener.  The neutralizer works great on redness and dark spots, while the brightener will give your skin a natural looking highlight. There is no glitter or shimmer in this product.  Just a natural light color.  These formulas are thin in consistency.  I have no creasing, if I powder after applying.   I use the brightener under my eyes, over the neutralizer, and on the high points of my face.  I prefer this brightener over Mac's Prep and Prime.  This product comes in 6 shades and retails for $9.99.


6.  Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush


This blush I have been using since high school!  The packaging has changed, but the formula is as great as ever.  Whenever someone asks me what blush I use, this is usually the one I am wearing.  I love the dimension that the 3 colors give to the face.  I use the darkest shade on the cheek, where I would apply contour.  The middle color, I use on the apples of my cheeks.  The lightest shade is my highlighter.  I use it  on the tops of the cheekbones.  It gives a beautiful look.  That's why I have been using it for over 20 years!  This blush comes in 4 different shades, and retails for $5.49.  Such a steal!

7.  Milani Baked Blushes



I just started using Milani products in the past year or so.  With one swipe of the brush, you will get beautiful color, and pigmentation.  These blushes give a flawless wash of color to the cheeks.  There is a gorgeous combination of shades and shimmer.  All blended together, and you get a unique color with just enough highlight.  A unique drugstore find.  There are 7 colors, and retail for $7.99.


8.  NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer - Sunny



I had this product listed in my July favorites, but it has to be a top ten as well!  It's a beautiful mid-toned, matte bronzer.  This is my every day, go to bronzer.  This is a dupe for Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, that so many people love.  What's even better is that it retails for only $2.99!


9.  Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder



This is a dupe for Mac's Studio Fix Powder.  I have been super oily this summer, and wanted a matte powder to help with shine.  This definitely did the trick!  It absorbs oil, without looking heavy or cakey.  It gives a flawless coverage, but it is a little heavier than the nearly naked.  I was so frustrated with my oily skin, so this was a great find for me. Stay Matte comes in 7 shades, and retails for $5.79.




10.  Wet N Wild Coloricon - Reserve Your Cabana



I bought this quite sometime ago, after hearing one of my beauty girls from youtube talk about it.  It is the prettiest highlighter, without any sparkle or shimmer.  It gives a glow and sheen that reflects the light in an angelic way.  I love it!  It is also a dupe for The Balm's Mary-Lou Minizer.  I love this highlight for the tops of my cheekbones, forehead, bridge of the nose, and cupid's bow.  For only $3.99, you will have a great product!



No comments:

Post a Comment