Monday, December 16, 2013

Face Of The Day - Using The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette


This was my first time using the Naked 3 Palette.  We had a casual family Christmas party to attend.  I also decided to wear my extensions.  These are new, and my first time putting them in once they were layered.  I'll will review them in an upcoming post soon.  Once I use the Naked 3 Palette a bit more, I will review it as well.

Products Used

Face:
-  NYX Pore Filler
-  Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Pebble
-  Revlon Photoready Concealer - Light/Medium
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Sport Eraser - Illuminater
-  Tarte Mineral Bronzer - Hotel Heiress
Cover Girl Cheekers Blush - Golden Pink
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner - East End Snob
- NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors - 565



Eyes:
-Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
- Trick (Inner Third of Lid)
- Dust (Center of Lid)
- Liar (Outer Third of Lid)
- Nooner (Crease) As a transition color
- Factory (Crease, from outer to mid crease)
- Darkside (Outer Crease)
- Strange (Brow Bone Highlight & Inner Corner)
- L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Liner - Black
- L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara - Black
- Ardell Self Adhesive Lashes - 101S

I did use more colors than normal, but I wanted to try as many as possible, and I really liked the way the look turned out.  A double ended brush is included with the palette, and I used it for a lot of the application.


I patted Trick on the inner third of the lid, because this shadow has a chunkier glitter.  I didn't want to have a lot of fall out, and I didn't.  I used the smaller end of the brush.  Dust went in the center of the lid, using the same technique.  Liar went to the outer third, same technique as well.  

For the crease, I used the larger end of the brush to apply Nooner.  This went on the crease from the outer to the inner.  This was my transition color, the color them blends the lines from the lid to the crease for a smooth flawless transition.  This keeps you from having the look of hard lines.  Next, I applied Factory using my E.L.F. blending brush to the crease, from the outer to midway in. I applied Darkside on my crease with my Sephora Pencil Smudge Brush.  I applied this to the outer corner only, and then used my blending brush to soften it out.  Then, I applied Strange under my brow bone and inner corner.  On the bottom lash line, I applied Darkside with my smudge brush from the outer corner mid way in.  I used Dust on the inner part of the bottom lash line.  

For my top liner, I used The Super Slim Liquid Liner to draw on a cat eye.  I curled my lashes, and applied one coat of the Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara.  Finally, I applied my Ardell False Lashes.



After applying pore filler, foundation, and concealers, I contoured my face with the Tarte Mineral Bronzer.  Then, I applied Blush to the apples of my cheeks.  I lined my lips, and applied lipstick and Voila!

-XOXO Monique





No comments:

Post a Comment