- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope dry reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable juice
- 1 cup salsa
-3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 Tbsp. fresh tomato
- 6 Tbsp. reduced-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions or chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- baked tortilla chips or baked corn chips
1. Brown meat with onion in a nonstick skillet.
2. Combine all soup ingredients in slow cooker.
3. Cover. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
4. Serve with your choice of toppings.