Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Health & Beauty Q & A

1.  Can I get some of your motivation to take care of myself?  I'm by no means fat, but need to get into shape.  I have never had to diet or exercise to be skinny.  So, I'm an idiot when it comes to that.  Any helpful hints?

     I follow the Tosca Reno Eat Clean Diet.  Motivation?  I can't give you that.  All I can say is it is very hard.  You have to be conscience of your decisions everyday, and you have to really want it, because it is work.  It is so worth it though!  As far as exercise, I would try to get a workout buddy, who is dedicated.  Someone who will push you to show up, and you push her as well.  Try different things to see what you like.  Try classes, and weight training.  If you find something you like and is fun, you are more likely to stick with it.



2.  I have a question that you may be able to help me answer.  I've been trying to find a good moisturizer for my face, that is good for someone who is prone to breakouts.  Preferrably something that isn't too expensive.  Do you have any suggestions for me?

     Any moisturizer that is oil free will be good for you.  Try neutrogena, clean and clear and Aveeno. To treat acne, get a product with salicylic acid or benzoyal peroxide.  That should really help!

3.  What is your favorite foundation and powder?  I want to make a switch after many, many loyal years at Merle Norman.  I'm looking for something that stays put during the day, and won't get oily.

     I have oily skin as well.  For a high end foundation, I would try Estee Lauder Double Wear.  For drugstore, I love Revlon Colorstay.  They have one for oily skin.  Right now, I am using Garnier BB Cream for oily/combo skin.  I like it as well.  I really like it as well.  It has good coverage and staying power for a BB Cream.  It is light to medium coverage.  The foundations are medium to full coverage.  All of them have a satin to matte finish.  I have been using Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.  I really like it.  I hope this helps!


*I recently did a review on this foundation

4.  How do you keep your eyeliner from running?

My favorite eyeliner is Rimmel Scandaleyes, which is a waterproof liner.  This does not budge on me.  Not even in the waterline!  If you don't have a waterproof eyeliner, my best advice is to smudge the same color shadow over the liner.  Liner has a creamy consistency, so putting the shadow helps lock it in place.  When lining the waterline, it will move throughout the day, unless it is waterproof.

5.  I read your blog all the time, was wanting to know what the best product was for a smokey eye.  With holiday parties approaching, I was just wanting some advice.  Thank you!

Thanks for reading!  I wouldn't say there is one particular product, it is more technique.  Use a dark brown or black base on your lid.  I like Maybelline Color Tattoos.  You could also use liner, and blend it out.  Use your darkest shadow over that.  When you line the eye, also smudge your darkest shadow over the liner.  Use a medium color in the crease, and lightest color under the brow bone.  Finish the look with false lashes or several coats of black mascara.


Thank You to everyone for your questions.  I hope you are having a great week!

-XOXO Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment