Wednesday, August 21, 2013

LOTD - Girl's Day To Date Night


This was on a busy day.  I was spending the day out with my mom....shopping, lunch, and errands.  In the evening, I had a date with my husband.  I wanted to look presentable during the day, but not have to go home and redo my makeup, and put another outfit together.  So, as always, I planned ahead.  I decided to use one eyeshadow palette, that I could build on for an evening look, and just changed out the accessories on my outfit to make it evening appropriate.  




I kept my makeup pretty basic.  I wanted a foundation from which I could build an evening look.  I did the top right color, on my lid, and the 3rd color on the left, in the outer corner.
I chose the Wet N Wild products for my eyes and cheeks.  For my lips, Maybelline Color Sensational - 135 Make Me Pink.


Wet N Wild 8 Pan Palette- Petal Pusher.  You can find this at Walgreens, CVS, and Rite-Aid.  It retails for $4.99.


Wet N Wild Color Icon Blush - Heather Silk.  You can also find this blush at Walgreens, CVS, and Rite-Aid.  It retails for $2.99.


For my evening look, I just added a few things.  First, I applied the black eye shadow shade (bottom right), on the outer corner.  I added black kohl liner on the top and bottom lash line.  I used the same black shadow to smudge over the liner.  I added a bit of the Wet N Wild Color Icon Blush in Shimmering Berry to the apples of my cheeks.  For a more dramatic lip, I used Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in 065 - Hooked On Pink.  This is a beautiful color that I just bought.  It is actually more berry than pink.  I finished with a coat of mascara.






I didn't change my outfit, just my accessories.  I replaced my diamond pendant with a large, gray statement necklace.  I also switched my sandals out for a pair of red high heels.  


We didn't do anything special, just went to a movie.  Taking a few extra minutes on myself, makes me feel better, and it doesn't hurt when your spouse tells you that you look nice, and that he likes your shoes (I don't think he usually notices my shoes)!

My shoes are Guess.  I bought them at TJ Maxx.  I think they were $24.99.  My necklace is from ourworldboutique.com.  I purchased it for $7.99.  I have bought several necklaces from them, and have been pleased with all of them.  They have great prices, and fast shipping.  I buy a lot of accessories online, because of their uniqueness and quality.  Their necklaces do not look like they cost less than $10.00!  As you can see, you don't have to spend a lot to put together a great outfit and makeup look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment