Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August Ipsy Glam Bag Products & Review

This month Ipsy did a great job on their glam bags!  I got a nice variety of good to great products.  All were new to me except for one.  I did receive one full size product, that retails for $14.95.  So, all of my products, including the actual bag, cost me a third less than the full size product that I received!  I subscribed in April.  I got my first bag in May, and I have been very pleased.  If you aren't sure how Ipsy works, I made a previous blog post about it, that will give you all the details.


This Month's Products:

-  Michael Todd True Organics - Pumpkin Nutrient-Rich Facial Mask

-  Pixi Lash Boost Mascara - Black

-  Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

-  MICA Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder - Bronze

-  Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - 69

Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Facial Mask - I have heard so many great things about this brand on youtube, and have been wanting to give it a try.  This is an organic line, that caters to all skin types.  This mask said it is good for all skin types, except sensitive.  I definitely have sensitive skin, but decided to give it a whirl, and see what happens.  It isn't a thick mask, like a clay mask.  It is quite thin, and smells pretty strong of pumpkin (which I love).  I applied it to my entire face and neck.  Once it was on, I quickly got a burning feeling on my skin.  I thought, OH NO!!  I'm not a baby about pain, so I thought I would give it a minute to see what happens.  After about 60 seconds, the burning went away.  I left it on for 10 minutes.  When I took it off my skin felt very smooth and moisturized.  I saw improved texture immediately.  Even though it burned initially, it did not leave any redness or irritation behind.  I really like this, but it's very iffy for sensitive skin. I received a 1 ounce sample, and I think it will last me a very long time.  It retails for $34 for 3.4 ounces.

Pixi Lash Boost Mascara - I have seen this product forever at my Target store.  It would be considered drugstore makeup, though it is definitely pricey for a drugstore brand.  This is my first time trying anything from their line.  This mascara has a traditional wand, and a very wet formula.  It did a good job lengthening and separating my lashes.  It is a good mascara, but the formula is a little too wet for my liking.  Maybe after a few weeks of it drying out a bit, would help it.  I don't think that I would purchase this though.  For a drugstore mascara, it is expensive, and there are a lot of other drugstore mascara's that I like a lot better.  It retails for $17.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - This is not my first time trying this product.  I used it about a year ago or so.  This is an oil free primer, that has grape seed extract, green tea, and vitamins A & E in it.  It has a very smooth and silicone feeling texture to it.  It glides on the skin.  I really do like this primer.  It makes my skin look very smooth, and it definitely prolongs the wear of my makeup.  You only need to use a very small amount.  You can use it after your daily moisturizer or just on it's own under your foundation.  This primer is a favorite in the Smashbox brand, and it has won several beauty awards.  It retails for $36.

MICA Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder - This is my first time trying anything from this company.  This shadow is free of preservatives, chemicals, talc, oil, dyes, and other fillers.  I was so glad to get this, because I have been wanting a loose pigment type shadow.  This color is so pretty, and great for a summer bronzed glow!  I used a color tattoo under it.  You will want some base on the lid before using this.  Otherwise, it won't last as long and may have a lot of fall out.  The color has the prettiest shimmer in it.  You could also use this to dust over the high points of your face, as a highlighter.  There were 36 shades available on their site, 20 of which they call day shades.  I did receive a full size in my bag. They retail for $14.95.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - This is a new product for Urban Decay that I had heard a lot about.  So, I was excited to test it out.  I got a deep red color.  It's not a shade that I would have chosen.  I just wore red lipstick for the first time over the 4th of July.  I think red lips are pretty, but I'm on the fence as far as the color working for me.  It is moisturizing and long wearing.  It has jojoba oil, avocado oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter in it.  The color is very pigmented as well.  After I took it off, my lips were stained red.  I do feel that it is a little tacky on the lips.  The Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick is much creamier than this formula, but it doesn't last as long.  Would I purchase this for myself?  Possibly, if I found a different color that I really liked.  They offer 22 shades in this collection, and it retails for $22.


No comments:

Post a Comment