Thursday, August 29, 2013

August Purchases & Reviews



-  Maybelline Color Show Polish - 440 Clear
I really like this polish.  I use it as a base coat and top coat.  It leaves a nice shine, and it really extends my polish.



-  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles - Neutralizer
I love the illuminator, so I wanted to try the neutralizer as well.  I use this under my eyes, before the brightener.  I stipple it on with my Sigma F80 brush, or tap it in with your fingers.  You don't want to rub it in.  You won't get as good a coverage.  The neutralizer can also be used on dark spots or blemishes.  I really like this concealer.  It isn't heavy, yet has good coverage.  It also doesn't crease on me.



-  Rimmel Fix And Perfect Primer - I had heard some good things about this primer, so I thought I should give it a try.  I agree!  This is a great drugstore primer, with a great price.  A little goes a long way, so don't apply too much.  It smoothed out my skin, kept my makeup in place all day, and even helped control oil.  I would definitely repurchase.





-  Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner - 018 Addiction
These are my absolute favorite lip liners!   These have great staying power, and have a creamy texture.
They really prolong my lipstick.



-  Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner - 004 Taupe
I have talked about the scandal eyes liners before.  I didn't have this color in my collection.  This is a great, neutral day color.  These don't budge, and will last all day!  Great for the water line.



-  Pure DKNY Perfume
I have been eyeing this perfume for a long time.  When I found it on clearance at Target, I had to buy it.  It was regularly $43, and I got it for $12.  I really like it.  It has a soft vanilla scent to it.  I like vanilla and spicier scents for the cooler months.



-  Simple Gel Face Wash - I have liked every single product that I have tried from this line, and this face wash is no exception.  It is very gentle on the skin, and does the job well without drying out your skin or making it feel tight.



-  Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - 065 Hooked On Pink - I really love this line of lipsticks.  They offer 68 shades of creamy, rich color.  They are comfortable on the lips, and I have never bought a color that I did't like.  You can't go wrong with these!





-  Urban Decay Stardust Shadow - Moon Spoon - This is my second Stardust shadow.  These shadows are beautiful!  They add that something extra to any look.  I love these on the lid.  There is definitely glitter in this, but it is a very fine glitter.  When applying, do your eyes first to avoid any glittery fall out.  These are great for a special night out!  The price has been dropped, so I don't know if they are going to discontinue these, or if they are coming out with new colors.





-  Urban Decay 24 Hour Slide On Pencil - 1999 - The liner's are super popular, and I see why. They are creamy, have great pigmentation, and staying power.  This line offers a large array of colors to choose from.  So, you are sure to find a color you love!



-  Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm - 400 Lilac Love
I prefer lipstick over lipgloss, but I really love these glosses!  These are moisturizing, and not sticky at all.  I hate a tacky feeling gloss.  This color has nice pigmentation.  You can wear it alone or over lipstick.  I wear mine over my Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, and it looks great.  With a lip liner, this combo is long lasting, as well.


-  Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 463 Sassy Mauve - I purchased and reviewed my first Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick last month.  I was so pleased, that I went back for another one.  Sassy Mauve is a lighter version of my previous purchase.  I wanted more of a wearable daytime color.  I was not disappointed.  I love this one, too!  It definitely has a purple hue to it.  I used my Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm over this shade, for extra shine.  Great combo!


-  NYX Blush - PB29 Amber - I love this blush!  It is a deeper, neutral color.  It looks so pretty, and could be paired with any color and any look.  It's very pigmented,versatile, and flattering.  I think it would look great no matter your hair color or skin tone.



-  NYX Matte Lipstick - MLS11 Tea Rose - This is my first NYX Matte Lipstick purchase.  Matte lipsticks aren't easy to find, so I was glad to see that NYX had a line of them.  These aren't as moisturizing, as say Revlon's Super Lustrous, but with a matte finish, I didn't expect it to be.  I put my live love dew moisturizer on my lips, as I do under all my lipsticks, and it stayed creamier.  I really like the color, and will definitely purchase more.



-  BH Cosmetics Blush Duo - Iris - I just recently received an email from BH Cosmetics about their new blushes.  These are two toned blushes.  A darker matte shade, and a lighter shade with a little shimmer.  You could wear these separately or swirl your blush brush over the two shades.  I used both shades.  This was very pigmented, so make sure you don't use too much.  There are 5 colors in total...tulip, lilac, rose, iris, and daisy.  I chose iris, because I wanted a darker shade for fall.  These are regularly $9.95, but are on special now for $4.95.




-  Up And Up Nail Polish Drying Spray - I do my nails one or twice a week.  So, I appreciate anything that makes my manicure easier.  This spray did help my nails to dry faster, and it smells like baby powder.  You can find this at Target.


-  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - 310 Slick Slate

-  Wet N Wild Mega Last Nail Polish - 216B Under Your Spell

-  Wet N Wild Fast Dry Nail Polish - 229C Ebony Hates Chris

Since I do my nails once or twice a week, it will take me awhile to try these colors.  I will review them together, with a few colors that I bought last month, that I still need to try.  If you have been wanting to try any of these brands or products, I hope this review helped.  Hope you're  having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment