Friday, August 9, 2013

Tarte Review and Two LOTD's

So, let me tell you a little about Tarte, in case you are new to them, like me.  They are a company that provides high performance natural products.  This is important to me because of my allergies, psoriasis, and eczema.  Plus, the less yuckies that are in your skin care products, and cosmetics, the better.  They are cruelty free and eco-friendly.  Their products are infused with superfruits, plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, essential oils, and other natural ingredients.  Also, all of their products are formulated withOUT parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances, and gluten.  I have tried natural products before.  The performance is usually not good, and the packaging is usually ugly, to say the least.  Tarte does not fall into that category.  They offer products that have a 12 hour lasting formula, is sweatproof, budgeproof, and waterproof.  Their packaging is not subpar.  It's everything you would expect from a high end company.  So, let's get started with the looks I created, and the review of these specific products.

  Both of these looks were achieved using the exact same products, except for the lip products and eyeliner.  For the day look, I used L'Oreal 24 hour Infallible Gel Liner in Brown and a peach gloss.  For my evening look, I used Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Waterproof Liner in Brown and Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick - 260 Heavenly.

LOTD - Daytime
This is obviously the more subtle look.  This was a day that I spent out with my family. I used the gel liner on the top lash line only.


LOTD - Evening
This was a Friday night date with my husband. I applied all of my makeup the exact same way as the day look. Two differences, the kohl liner was on top and bottom lash line. I smudged the liner, and smoked it out even further by adding the darkest color of the eye shadow quad over it. I finished the look with a pink lip.

The three products I bought from Tarte are:  Amazonian Clay Long Wear Blush - Flush, Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad - Beauty and the Box - Brewed Awakening,  Amazonian Clay Mineral Powder Bronzer - Hotel Heiress, and a pencil sharpener.  These are the first Tarte products that I have ever used.  I decided to try them out because early in the month, they were having a friends and family discount for 30% off your purchase.  I posted about it on my facebook page.  I bought the eye shadow and the blush.  The bronzer came as a free gift.  I believe my total was $41.  If you spend 40 dollars or more, they give you free shipping.  I think they have that special always running.  I placed my order mid morning on a Tuesday, and by Thursday morning, it was at my door.  I was so impressed with the quick delivery!


Amazonian Clay Long Wear Blush - Flush.  This product claims to have a 12 hour wear, and it definitely does!  At first glance, this color looks very intense.  It isn't as scary as it looks though.  It is extremely pigmented, so you have to be careful when applying.  Use a light hand.  I love my blush, and I wear quite a bit, but I could only tap my blush brush in twice and very lightly, before applying.  This is a beautiful color.  It is vivid, but matte, no shimmer at all.   I can't imagine any skin tone that this won't look good on.  I was very impressed.  I would recommend this to anyone, and I would love to get more colors.  Tarte offers 16 colors.  They range from soft to vivid, shimmery to matte.  They retail for $26.


Here is a swatch that I did on my forearm.  This was one swipe with my finger across the blush, so you can see the pigmentation here.  This is a pricey blush, but it will last you so long with pigmentation like that.


Amazonian Clay Mineral Powder Bronzer - Hotel Heiress.  This bronzer is darker than their other color, Park Avenue Princess, and it has no shimmer or glitter in it.  I am so happy that this was my free gift.  I don't usually expect too much with those.  This bronzer was a welcomed surprise.  This is perfect for a contour color, because it has no shimmer.  This shade is not too orange or too muddy, the way so many bronzers are.  This is also great to use all over your face for a bronzed glow.  I used it as contour in my looks.  Application with this is just like the blush.  Tap your brush into the bronzer.  Do not swirl!  This is long wearing also.  I think most people will enjoy this product.  It is definitely buildable, with great pigmentation.  If you are medium to dark skin, this will work great for you.  This bronzer retails for $29, but remember, mine is a sample size, not a full size.


This swatch was made with one finger swipe.  Notice right below it, I am stained by my previous blush swatch.  It was maybe on for 30 seconds!



This picture shows the contour a little better than the others.....just to give you a better idea.




Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad - Beauty in a Box - Brewed Awakening.  The packaging for these earth toned colors is in a box, just like the name says.  The lightest color is a matte, which I prefer, because I don't usually like a glittery highlight color.  Only in a dramatic or holiday look.  A glittery highlight, definitely won't photograph well.  The rest of the colors do have some shimmer in them. I always use a primer under my shadows, but for the best staying power, I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos. They also enhance the colors of any shadow.  This is a 12 hour long wearing shadow.  These colors are silky smooth and blend very well.   I have used this palette so many times since I bought it.  The looks that you can create are endless.  If you were going on a vacation, and didn't want to pack a lot of makeup, this quad would do everything you needed.  Day look, night look....it can do it all, and these colors are flattering for just about anyone.  There are five different quads to choose from.  It retails  for $22.

These are the swatches that I did with one swipe in the color.  Again, I would apply the color by tapping your brush or applicator in it.  Don't swirl until you are used to the pigmentation.

I hope this review gives you some insight into the company, and their products if you are unfamiliar with them.  I don't buy much high end makeup, but with the 30% discount and free shipping, it was definitely worth it to me.  If you are interested in their products, you can visit them at www.tartecosmetics.com.  If there are any products you would like to see reviewed, please leave me a comment or let me know on my facebook page.  Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you have a great weekend.....maybe try a new look, just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment