Monday, August 12, 2013

FOTD - Purple Eyes & Lip

I love purple makeup!  I always have.  So, here is my Face Of The Day.  I wore this on Saturday.  I spent the morning with my son at our local farmer's market, had lunch, and then did a little shopping.



Face - Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, Revlon Photoready Concealer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle - Illuminator, Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer - Hotel Heiress, NYX Blush- pb04 Silky Rose, Wet N Wild Color Icon Blusher - 832E - Heather Silk, Rimmel Exaggerate Full Color Lip Liner - Enchantment, Mac - Asian Flower



Eyes - Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal - Inked In Pink, L'Oreal Colour Riche Quad - 524 Stacked Heels, L'Oreal 24 Hour Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner - Black, Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof - Very Black, Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express - Black



A lot of people ask me about my eye looks, and how I create them.  I will explain it as best I can.  First, I used the color tattoo as my base, just on the lid.  Next, I applied the first color in the palette, (the second lightest shade) on the lid over the color tattoo.  Then, I applied the third color, (the second darkest) in the crease.  The fourth color, (the darkest) I applied on the outer third of the crease.  The second color, (the lightest shade) I applied on the brow bone.  Starting under the arch of the brow and blending to the end of the brow.  I also applied this shade to the inner corner/tear duct.  I topped this look off with black liquid liner on the top lash line only.  I then applied a coat of the Cover Girl mascara to the top and bottom lashes.  Followed by 2 coats of The Rocket mascara on the top.  When applying your shadows, the key is to blend.  Where the shadows meet, blend the 2 colors.  You don't want any harsh lines.  This is the way I apply my shadows most of the time.  






No comments:

Post a Comment